How to: Replacing sway bar with Roadmaster bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any reason you went with road master over hellwig? I was looking at that one but I liked the hellwig adjustable part.

I like to try different parts. Everyone has the Hellwig bar so figured I’d try the RMI bar. Also helps drum up views for my channel by trying parts that aren’t as mainstream.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The end links in the RMI kit are pretty beefy, not sure if the regular Hellwig kit has the option for solid end links.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I like to try different parts. Everyone has the Hellwig bar so figured I’d try the RMI bar. Also helps drum up views for my channel by trying parts that aren’t as mainstream.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The end links in the RMI kit are pretty beefy, not sure if the regular Hellwig kit has the option for solid end links.

The Hellwig, at least for the 4th gens, do not come with end links; they state to reuse the OEM ones or purchase another brand, last time I checked.

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Hellwig, at least for the 4th gens, do not come with end links; they state to reuse the OEM ones or purchase another brand, last time I checked.

Thanks for confirming.

Isn’t there a Hellwig kit with adjustable end links? Thought there was one floating around. But yeah to your point the standard kit doesn’t have end links.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Another great video - thanks.

When I bought my Hellwig I don't think they had their end links and they said the stock links were fine. Now they have their end link option.

I wasn't impressed with the stock end links, especially the bottom swivel type connector. It seemed flimsy. Probably should not have been a concern. Regardless, I installed Core end links - very satisfied.

If I were doing it again the Roadmaster might be my choice as it comes with strong end links. Plus, it looks like their bushing clamps are S/S. I would like to know however, what/how their sway bar end link mounting hole compares to what of the three holes on the Hellwig.

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another great video - thanks.

When I bought my Hellwig I don't think they had their end links and they said the stock links were fine. Now they have their end link option.

I wasn't impressed with the stock end links, especially the bottom swivel type connector. It seemed flimsy. Probably should not have been a concern. Regardless, I installed Core end links - very satisfied.

If I were doing it again the Roadmaster might be my choice as it comes with strong end links. Plus, it looks like their bushing clamps are S/S. I would like to know however, what/how their sway bar end link mounting hole compares to what of the three holes on the Hellwig.

I’m not really sure as I don’t have direct experience with a Hellwig bars. Sorry wish i did and could opine on that.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I’m not really sure as I don’t have direct experience with a Hellwig bars. Sorry wish i did and could opine on that.
I didn't expect you would know. Roadmaster probably doesn't know either. They probably just duplicated the factory bar but made it stronger.

Maybe measuring a Roadmaster against a Hellwig would tell us. And that may be wrong due to the Roadmaster and the Hellwig using different metals or having, unlike strengths.

Not important, already have a good setup, no need to change it.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you elaborate on how you like this upgrade? Notice right off the bat? What does it help with stability when towing etc? Thank you!

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, did roadmaster fox this to where if I order one it will be correct for my 2020 1500?