Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I got my truck last night.
2018 Power Wagon with 4" lift and 37's.

It came with a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator.

I looked this up on CarID's website.
The description says, "Updates via Internet to a full function Max Energy Power Programmer more details on - https://www.carid.com/hypertech/speedometer-calibrator-programmer-mpn-752504.html "

Is this worth looking into, or should I just get the Pulsar (or Pedal Commander) (or both)?

I'd like to get a little bit more power and response out of the gas pedal.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
pedal commander will do what you are looking for. You might look into the Tazer too.

Nice wheels. Do you know the off set?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If that’s a dealer installed lift, figure out what parts you have installed before you take your truck on a trail. You’ll need to know what they are so you can replace them when they start blowing up.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
If that’s a dealer installed lift, figure out what parts you have installed before you take your truck on a trail. You’ll need to know what they are so you can replace them when they start blowing up.
And pick up the parts you break on the trail lolololol

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
That's a great looking truck right there. Although somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison.....I tuned my 14' 2500 6.4 with a Diablo and it definitely helped it to be more responsive, but I put a pedal commander on my EcoD and if I had to compare, I would say that the PC made a more noticeable (positive) difference in drivability. Either will be an improvement I'm sure. If you can upgrade what you currently have for a reasonable price, I'd just stick with that, but if they want an arm and a leg, go with the PC.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I bought a Pedal Commander from Nick today.

As for the parts, it's a BDS 4" lift.
22Hemi13 says that they break easily, we'll see.
There's not many places on Maui to go off road with a truck this big anymore, but we're moving to Idaho in about 2 years.

Last edited:

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
?? Corn field Capital!! It where all the E85 comes from. I did not realize people moved there only drove through...j/k

That's Iowa...:rotflmao:

I'm looking for a speedo calibrator as well. The Hypertech is $229 and looks like it only calibrates for tire changes and nothing else. The Tazer is $249, has many functions but on the 19's you have to install some sort of over ride module behind the radio. Not sure how much I want to dive into that.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

I'm looking for a speedo calibrator as well. The Hypertech is $229 and looks like it only calibrates for tire changes and nothing else. The Tazer is $249, has many functions but on the 19's you have to install some sort of over ride module behind the radio. Not sure how much I want to dive into that.
Yeah I drive through there once a year and it is like a extension Kansas...
I’m sure there is tons of uncharted territory the PW can explore and put its off road skills to the test. Bring an extra tank of gas.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

All those states in the middle of the USA have a very similar feel when I drive through. Yes I was referring to Iowa though. Even the fist 100 miles of Colorado on the east side of the state looks the same. (Flat and fields of vegetables everywhere. )