I have a fuse question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryC213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I realize that asking a question about the fuses, might sound silly to some. But here goes; I have a 2009 Dodge RAM 1500, it has the older 3.7 V6. My truck is a 2WD, regular cab, and is the ST model...it is just a very basic no-frills pickup truck, and I like that a lot. Both the lighter and the 12V outlet on the right side have stopped working. So I figure that it is a simple fuse problem, but I have pulled every one of the older, regular looking fuses that I am familiar with and they all seem to be okay. Does anyone know which fuse is the fuse for the lighter and the extra 12V outlet? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance, for your replies.

This is my very first post on this site. So, hello everyone. I hope to learn a lot about my truck from this site. Thank You.

Sincerely,

Larry Campbell
North Carolina

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Larry,

Look for a corroded or broken wire. If you checked all the fuses and they are good you are not getting 12V to the plugs. Also you could look up under the dash to see if there are any of those little plastic fuse holders under there (but I doubt it on a factory install) and see they are blown.
Something else to check.

preachp