I hope I don't regret this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcaliber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
I believe you have a 545 rfe. I used the wix kit, it has a gasket and both filters.

On that note I put a shift kit in mine plus the sonax line pressure booster plus I'm using the flashpac 3874. Goes like stink. I used the 91 tune and man it feels nice. The 1 2 shift is great.

xcaliber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
Also note there's a plug behind the power steering pump is a known leak spot. Cylinder head access plug. Also the seal on the camshaft position sensor Also is a leak spot. Would recommend new valve cover gaskets Also keep the cooling system in tip top shape. You have the updated version of the 4.7 so you shouldn't have to worry too much about the dropped valve seat issue

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
When I serviced the 66RFE in my truck a few months back, I also had no desire to use rtv when it came time to put the pan back up.

I used a lube locker gasket instead and is working very well, no leaks. Honestly cleaning all the factory rtv off of the pan took me longer than the rest of the job. Getting the rtv out of all the grooves on the pan was the worst. I reccomend the lube locker gasket and Mopar/OEM transmission filters which is what I used.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 2003 Dakota with the 4.7 motor (235 HP version) and it went 141K trouble free miles. It was the quietest and smoothest V8 I've ever owned. There were three other personal friends that had the same motor and their only gripe was gas mileage. One went 207K without any repairs, including timing chains (something I could never do on any of my small block GMs).

At the time the only precaution I heard from techs. was to avoid overheating at all costs or the heads would warp badly. In my case the only issue I saw was excessive moisture build up in the oil fill tube caused by the presence of the PCV valve. In later years they moved the PCV valve to the rear of one of the cylinder heads to eliminate the problem.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 063321 miles.

OP
OP
D

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you have a 545 rfe. I used the wix kit, it has a gasket and both filters.

On that note I put a shift kit in mine plus the sonax line pressure booster plus I'm using the flashpac 3874. Goes like stink. I used the 91 tune and man it feels nice. The 1 2 shift is great.
I have the build sheet from the Dodge dealer across the interstate from where I bought it. That says trans is 645RFE

OP
OP
D

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any way to add fog lights? My bumper doesnt have the cutouts. I drive ALOT in the country, where there are no street lights. I've killed Bambi a couple times..... not a good thing.

DSwan7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Regular cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
4.7 Litre V8
Hi Dodge Trucker - I had a 1996 2WD RCSB 318, I gave it to a friend 10 years ago and it still runs (probably well over 500,000kms on her now). So I agree, great engine.

I bought a 2010 4WD RCSB brand new off the lot in 2010, it has a 4.7 V8, and runs better than new. I do all of my own oil changes every 3000-4000kms. This truck sits outside during the winter (no garage) in -40 Celsius weather, up here in Calgary Alberta. It is a work truck, I am an electrician, and my Ram takes me through farms and on mountain roads, or wherever I need to go. Over the years, I have had to repair/replace usual wear and tear items, but overall, this is a great truck if maintained properly.

I bought some black Rough Country seat covers, these fit perfectly, and I love them. Plus the price is right, so I recommend these.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I bought it local, I had called on a couple of others that I had seen on auto trader and cars.com, one wouldn't call me back, and the other one flat out lied to me one of those was blue and one black. Otherwise same year and rest pretty much the same as this one.
On e black one it had mileage in the 70s instead of the 90s (first time around.... Low for me!) And the 1st person told me it was a local trade then transferred me to some manager who had someone more familiar with this truck call me back, who told me it was bought at auction. If they can't even get that straight I don't want to deal with them.
This one looks by the Carfax like it was maintained pretty well, though while the 1st Fastenal (I assume as it does say 1st and 2nd owner was "fleet") seemed to wait for the "CHANGE OIL"light to get that done. The 2nd owner (1st and 2nd owner were grouped together on the Carfax as 1 owner) did much better on oil changes. And I saw a few oil changes between 2nd and 3rd owner at like 1000 miles apart.
We're supposed to have snomageddon (a big snow storm) on Saturday, so I'll put it in the garage up on my 2 post lift (yes I have my own) and drive my Dakota til the road is clean.

One question I have/ has anyone here ever used that NHOU undercoatings ? I've seen it on Saturday morning TV. They don't have any close to me (Chicagoish) but I was thinking about ordering a 5 gallon bucket of it and applying it myself.