I"m curious what people think of this deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
I think its a good price.Personally I wouldnt go for a 6 cylinder but in Atlanta last year I was looking at a lot of trucks and a 13 with 4wd and the nice trim was more expensive than this one even with the six and mileage

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would crawl underneath it and inspect inside those fender wells too. I would think being in the rust belt there's some hidden rust there somewhere after 7-8 years especially if it wasn't treated against it. I still think its a bit overpriced too, I would offer them $15K and see how much they'll come down and walk if they don't come off the price at least a grand. They'll call you back the next day for sure.

Last edited:

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your thoughts CVX20. Much appreciated
Not trying to be a **** Bud.Just going by our over inflated prices here in Ont.That price would be high even here.SIL bought a very similar 13 with a Hemi almost two years ago for less.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not trying to be a **** Bud.Just going by our over inflated prices here in Ont.That price would be high even here.SIL bought a very similar 13 with a Hemi almost two years ago for less.

No worries at all. I appreciate all comments on this. That's why I asked. ;)

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My dad used to say if there was rock stations on the radio...probably needs new tires and possibly a new transmission. Knowing how I like to drive sometimes...there's probably some truth to it. But in your case...the price seemed okay, maybe a tad high.

RobertusvT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There definitely is some value in having a 4WD truck but I would still stay away at that price for that many miles. Highway or not, 17k+ taxes, fees etc. for a v6 with almost 100,000 is hard to swallow in my opinion.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There definitely is some value in having a 4WD truck but I would still stay away at that price for that many miles. Highway or not, 17k+ taxes, fees etc. for a v6 with almost 100,000 is hard to swallow in my opinion.

I'm kinda feeling the same way. I know these days 200,000 is very obtainable, but I just can't stomach forking out that kind of money for something that's that used, not knowing how well it was treated.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are there any maintenance records available or can you contact the previous owner? Keep in mind the dreaded cam and lifter problems as well as the manifold bolt issues. Somewhere somehow there had to be some type of service work performed on that truck with that kind of mileage, I'd check around and see if you can find something about the truck.
Jay

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s crazy to me is I bought my 2012 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn 4x4 with the Hemi, 3.92 gears, tow package, Alpine radio w/navigation, “Certified Used” with 35,000 miles in 2016 for...$25,000!!

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any maintenance records available or can you contact the previous owner? Keep in mind the dreaded cam and lifter problems as well as the manifold bolt issues. Somewhere somehow there had to be some type of service work performed on that truck with that kind of mileage, I'd check around and see if you can find something about the truck.
Jay

This I do not know. I would have to go over there and start poking around, which will trigger mister salesperson, and I'm not excited enough about this vehicle anymore to go start negotiating. I think I'm going to keep looking. I was considering it, but kinda liking it less and less as I think about it.

The cam and lifter problems seemed to be more among the 5.7's more than the V6's.