I want LED bulbs for my Ram 2500 and need help from the pros choosing the best brand!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Auxito yellow Fogs
Auxbeam Ditch lights 6 modes20230527_195157.png20230527_195248.png

shopman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running

AUXITO 9005 LED Bulbs, Mini Sized, CanBus Ready, 80W 16,000 Lumens 500% Brighter 9005 HB3 LED Light Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon and work great for me​

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've personally been LOVING these -- had them in since January and the upgrade in light output is on another LEVEL from the stock halogen's! :cheers:

View attachment 521383

I replaced the stock halogen bulbs in my projector headlights with LED's and I am not happy with the light pattern (I should have known better). I want to replace the LED's with HID's and these seem like a good choice, despite the extra cost versus what Underground Lighting has to offer:

https://undergroundlighting.com/pro...500-3500-projectorpair?variant=31196260696133.

I am a little leery of the 55W bulbs overloading the headlight harness as my last truck had this issue with higher wattage aftermarket bulbs. But I am not aware that this generation of RAM's have this issue. Have you checked your wiring harness for overheating while using these bulbs?

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Those who are running the Auxito LEDS, how long have you had them installed? I'm on my second set of LEDs from Aliexpress. They look great but the drivers side bulb has gone out within a year or so. Don't know if it is a coincidence or there is something up with my wiring.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I am a little leery of the 55W bulbs overloading the headlight harness as my last truck had this issue with higher wattage aftermarket bulbs. But I am not aware that this generation of RAM's have this issue. Have you checked your wiring harness for overheating while using these bulbs?
I haven’t - TBH. To be fair tho - this is why I chose to go with a brand that is higher quality and stands behind their products… not to mention all the testing they do!

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I haven’t - TBH. To be fair tho - this is why I chose to go with a brand that is higher quality and stands behind their products… not to mention all the testing they do!
Thanks for the reply! I have posed the same question about overheating to HR but since it's the weekend, I haven't received a response yet. But I am quite sure that if overloading the headlight harness on these Rams was an issue, we would know that by now. Ready to pull the trigger on a pair of these HID's.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This is just a FYI for anyone considering a HID conversion in projector housings and needing to decide between 35W or 55W kits.

I received a reply from HR about the use of their 55W HID's in these housings (I was worried about the headlight harness overheating). This is their reply:

"Hey There!

i wouldn't recommend a 55watt kit on the oem projector. it could potentially melt the plastic around the ballast and might get too hot inside the housing. i would use a 35watt kit.

Cody @Support"

Hope this helps someone on this forum make an informed decision.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
i wouldn't recommend a 55watt kit on the oem projector. it could potentially melt the plastic around the ballast and might get too hot inside the housing. i would use a 35watt kit.

Cody @Support"
Interesting... I'll have to keep an eye on that... I've never heard of that being an issue tho!

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Interesting... I'll have to keep an eye on that... I've never heard of that being an issue tho!
I thought that this bit of information might catch your attention....

Based on HR's recommendation, I just ordered the 35W kit (4,000K). And as you mentioned, I think that it would be smart to monitor the temperatures on your ballasts, harness and housing.

And I also think that it's important to note that he stated that "it could potentially" and "might get too hot"; never stated that IT WILL. I appreciate his caution, thought, and since I don't want any problems, I heeded his advise.

Please keep us posted on your observations using the 55W kit. Any and all information is a good thing.

Gunny A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The big debate over HID vs LED in a halogen projector has been going on for years. The main problem with LEDs in the past is their body was too thick and the LED chip placement was bad, causing the light focus to be in the wrong spot and having a shadow/dark spot in the center. HIDs have their light source centered in the same spot that a halogen filament does, so that's why they've worked so well.

There finally are some LEDs that have a thin enough body and chip placement in the right spot to function well in a halogen projector. I run these Auxito LEDs in my '17 Sport for the lows and highs, they work GREAT. I'm very happy with their cutoff and light output.

Thanks for the info, I've been doing a ton of research and just ordered 2 sets of these

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have alpharex g2 pros and had Katana h7s. Liked them they seemed better than the stock bulbs that came with. Just noticed one is barely putting out light anymore so looking to get something better as I ordered them in 2020 and I'm sure tech has improved. Have changed my mind about 300 times.

Sounds like people like the Auxito and the pics earlier in the thread are impressive for the inexpensive price. I don't care much about price if more expensive is better. My other top choice is GTR Ultra 2.

Or Hylux Hid kit from hidkitpros. Would be about same price as the GTR Ultra 2. Bit cheaper.

Can't make up mind. Just about ordered the Hylux HID kit a second ago, but then found this thread and am now debating the Auxito.

Last edited: