Icon 1.5” or Superlift 2” Rear Colis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clayton’s will lift you 2.5” if you don’t have any weight. 2” if your bed has about 500-600lbs back there and will drive like stock.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Superlifts will net a full 2" over stock when unloaded.

Icons would probably be best bet.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just did about an 80mi roundtrip. Through mixed roads. It drives amazing now. My original Bilsteins must've been worn out and the rear oem springs/1”Dayton rubber spacer were trash compared to this ride. Had the set-up nearly 5yrs/68K.
Icon springs are awesome so far, front end feels much better w/ new Bils @2.8 and JBA uca’s. Will get another alignment in a few weeks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have the icons, did get the 1.5” lift, ended up adjusting the front to relevel. I don’t tow or load heavy so the icons work good for me
Man those angles are Perfect!!!

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clayton’s will lift you 2.5” if you don’t have any weight. 2” if your bed has about 500-600lbs back there and will drive like stock.
Interesting. I'm running the Billsteins leveling kit on my Warlock but recently picked up a Camper shell so have about 500lbs constant now. Have airlift bags in my coil springs to level things out but I'd rather get away from those if possible. I was looking at the Icon 1.5 but thinking that's not going to be enough. I'd rather have a bit of rake to the front then to sag so maybe the Clayton's are a better answer?

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clayton’s or synergy springs.
I'm thinking Clayton's, since it's a triple rate spring for the rare times the camper shell is off the truck I won't get completely beat up.
I have the Warlock edition so the rear is technically lifted an inch already, but Ram does that with stock HD springs so it seems that would gain me another inch in the rear when loaded with the camper. Sounds like I will need new sway bar links, possibly longer shocks and track bar. It's a slippery slope!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I'm running the Billsteins leveling kit on my Warlock but recently picked up a Camper shell so have about 500lbs constant now. Have airlift bags in my coil springs to level things out but I'd rather get away from those if possible. I was looking at the Icon 1.5 but thinking that's not going to be enough. I'd rather have a bit of rake to the front then to sag so maybe the Clayton's are a better answer?
Yes.

19warlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to hijack but if you want to try the superlift springs, I bought them and now don’t need/want them. Trying to sale them on FB.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Icon JT 1.5” rear coils installed. No issues on install. If I was a hard core offroader I would replace my brake lines with longer ones though.
The first stage of these coils is pretty soft, then it really firms up.
View attachment 513536
So did these give you a true 1.5 inches over stock, or what was the actual number? Im in the same boat as you, wanting to upgrade from coil spacers and need 2 inches but I like the price of the icons

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So did these give you a true 1.5 inches over stock, or what was the actual number? Im in the same boat as you, wanting to upgrade from coil spacers and need 2 inches but I like the price of the icons
Yessir. If my math is right, it was almost 2.5” over stock after a few weeks with them.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yessir. If my math is right, it was almost 2.5” over stock after a few weeks with them.
Really? So they lift our trucks more then they do gladiators… most interesting. Appreciate the info!

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, if I'm looking for 1.5-2" lift in the rear, which gladiator springs would you recommend? My bed weight tends to vary depending on the time of year. So, looking for something that has decent load carrying capacity, but doesn't beat you up on the ride.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can’t speak to load carry very much. Ive only had 400lbs in the bed. Dont think the truck noticed…

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Icon JT 1.5” rear coils installed. No issues on install. If I was a hard core offroader I would replace my brake lines with longer ones though.
The first stage of these coils is pretty soft, then it really firms up.
View attachment 513536
Thunder, I realize we're quite a way down the road timewise, but what was the full setup when this pic was taken? Was this pure Bils and Icon springs, or body lift as well?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thunder, I realize we're quite a way down the road timewise, but what was the full setup when this pic was taken? Was this pure Bils and Icon springs, or body lift as well?
Sorry for the delay…The Zone 1.5” body lift was on in this pic. The JT coils in the rear and up front was Bils, but I can’t swear if they were @ 2.1 or 2.8 or if the 1/4” plate too.