Identify 6-spline lug nut key needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIYsometimes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hey all, I just purchased a 2015 ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins and the previous owner had installed 6-spline lug nuts on all wheels. That's fine and all, but unfortunately for me, I don't have the key for them and I'm needing to replace the front driver wheel hub assy (WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE WHEEL HUB?)

The typical small and large 6-spline lug key that can be found at local auto parts stores are too small, with the large one being just barely too small. I measured the outside of my lugs and they seem to be 20.5 mm in diameter. Do you know what key I need to purchase for these? I can get them off, but I'd prefer not to do it the destructive way.

Thanks in advance.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Take your truck to a local tire store, they should have one that fits. They may even have one they can sell you. At the least they can tell you which size to buy/order.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
DYIsometimes
a bit off topic :

I see where you live & it brought back memories

I was working, moving those those huge wind powered generators from San Diego to West Virginia.
We had to stay for a weekend in Coal Run Village, at the Daniel Boone Motor Inn

That weekend happened to be when Mineshaft Harley Davidson was holding
'Christmas in July'
I thought that the motorcycle run was special, police & fire dept. running traffic control, if i recall correctly, i believe that it was showering that day. It was pretty cool