Input needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just ordered the PRAMCQ09 Soundgate power stage upgrade and I want to upgrade the six factory speakers along with it. I think I've narrowed my choices down to:

Infinity Kappa 693.11i
Kicker KS693
Polk DXi691

A lot of people here run Kickers and there are plenty of mixed reviews, I know people who use Infinity and they sounded really good, and I had Polk MM series in my '08 and I was impressed with them having no external amp just running off of the deck.
I don't know if the Kicker speakers will sound better running with the Kicker amp vs the other two with the Kicker amp.
I listen to mostly country and rock with the (not very) occasional rap.
Im trying to get a great sounding, well rounded system while sticking to a 1k budget.

If any of y'all are using the above mentioned speakers, let me hear your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks guys and Happy wheeling

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always been a sucker for Inifinity's- even just the lower Reference line. They have such a nice, natural sound and a crisp but never harsh tweeter. I've put Inifnity (mids) in all my cars.
Do you have an opportunity to listen to any of them?? Online shopping gives terrific prices, but SUCKS for buying stereo gear that has a certain sound to it, like speakers. Amps etc is a different ballgame, and much easier to shop for.

OP
OP
brandon.colt

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No, not really. I wouldn't buy anything (audio) from the retail stores around here, and actual audio shops have poor selection, stupid overpricing, or just too far to drive. ultimately what will happen is, I'll take any input from here, do some reading and youtube research, then buy online.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
+1 for Infinity. I just replaced the my 'premium alpine' dash speakers with some 3032cf's and they are a huge improvement. Plan to replace the front door speakers once the sub's are in.

Sent from my LG 8.3 GPe

janko1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 for Infinity. I just replaced the my 'premium alpine' dash speakers with some 3032cf's and they are a huge improvement. Plan to replace the front door speakers once the sub's are in.

Sent from my LG 8.3 GPe

I hate those "premium alpine"speakers too. They sound like crap. I wish I can replace them, but I'm too scared to touch anything. I'd rather have someone replace them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick081974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to revive this thread from the dead, but did anyone end up buying and installing the PRAMCQ09 in their ram? What are the thoughts?