Installing rear seat heaters in a mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotroddino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any articles on installing rear seat heats on a 4th Gen Mega cab?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There is a write up in the 4th gen DIY section by STecoD. He has done it as well as a few others. If you're going with the factory system you obviously will need the correct rear heated seat plus the correct switches and wiring with the correct heated seat module. You will also need to enable the code for the rear heated seats with the alpha OBD tool. If you were going aftermarket you could just install a universal system with it's own heaters and do it that way as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to also mention that M2mods who is a vendor on this forum can make you the harness with the wiring you need for the install if you choose to go factory. You can find them in the vendor section on this forum.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel

If your truck has the wiring harness already which some trucks do then it’s pretty easy. What is your trucks configuration? Console? Lights under the rear seat now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hotroddino

hotroddino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your truck has the wiring harness already which some trucks do then it’s pretty easy. What is your trucks configuration? Console? Lights under the rear seat now?

Its a '18 Big Horn the front has heated seats and heated wheel and a console. I will have to check on rear seat lighting. I would also like to add vented seats in the front. Do you know the rear heat pad part #'s? Has any added the front seat ventilation to existing seats cloth seats? Looked for a article but, it looks like everyone is just adding complete seats from a Laramie..

OP
OP
hotroddino

hotroddino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to also mention that M2mods who is a vendor on this forum can make you the harness with the wiring you need for the install if you choose to go factory. You can find them in the vendor section on this forum.

I got a 8.4 ac conversion Harness from him on my last truck. He does great work!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its a '18 Big Horn the front has heated seats and heated wheel and a console. I will have to check on rear seat lighting. I would also like to add vented seats in the front. Do you know the rear heat pad part #'s? Has any added the front seat ventilation to existing seats cloth seats? Looked for a article but, it looks like everyone is just adding complete seats from a Laramie..

You are much better off buying seats with heat and ventilation than trying to add those features to your existing seats. The vented seats have a different seat back altogether so buying that will get expensive. The heat pads aren't cheap either. And you would still need to buy the heated seat module and possibly some wiring

I picked up a set of excellent shape cloth heated (not vented) seats then swapped the cloth for a custom katzkin leather kit. Sets of heated/vented seats aren't cheap but in the long run probably worth it... You might even find a set with rear heated seats too. Those were only available in crew (and maybe mega) cabs so those will fit for you.

My truck is a quad cab so I added aftermarket heaters to the rear seats. Running power directly from battery to a relay triggered by the inverter outlet signal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel

I bought mine from a sport. The problem with adding from a sport is you lose the rear heated seat wiring if they are not memory. I don’t have the part number but if you look at moparpartsgiant.com or contact allmoparparts here on the forum also is really good about finding the parts.