Instrument Display problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Conley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
I have a 2014 1500, single cab, 3.6 L V-6 that I just bought 2 months ago from the local Dodge dealer.
I noticed an intermittent issue with my instrument display cluster, mainly when I use cruise control.
When I tap my brake pedal to slow down , the display flashes back to display " Cruise ready", then back to the main display.
Then at other times the display will change for a flash of a second.
A friend of mine did some research, and found a recall for this issue from a couple of years back, so it was something that was a known issue.
I took the truck back to the dealer, they charged me $125 for a diagnosis, and gave me an estimate for $1000 and change to fix the issue.
Apparently , my VIN wasn't included in the recall, even though it is the same issue.
I called Chrysler,spoke with the recall people, the warranty people, who passed the buck to the NTSB, who passed the buck to the Arizona Attorney General's office, who never got back to me.
Meantime, I came back full circle to the dealer, who says they will "Try to work something out"
I'm just wondering if anyone else here has had the same issue.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello, @Ed Conley! We're sorry to hear about your instrument display cluster concerns and would like to look into this to see what we can offer in terms of support. We encourage you to send our team a private message with your vehicle's mileage to begin.

Hannah
Ram Cares

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Ed, you can check for recalls on your vehicle @ https://www.nhtsa.gov/ - scroll down and enter your VIN...It will show you what 'open recalls' are on your vehicle...I also bought a used 2014 (3500) and it showed the tailgate latch recall had not been done...My local dealer had no problem doing the recall even tho' it was a few years old...

OP
OP
E

Ed Conley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
I have a copy of the recall, they just didn't include my VIN, despite the fact it is the same problem. It's extremely frustrating.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
I have a copy of the recall, they just didn't include my VIN, despite the fact it is the same problem. It's extremely frustrating.
Does the link above show it as an open recall for your VIN?..I wouldn't necessarily trust the dealership - yet!!!...If it shows open for your VIN, print a copy (pc) or take screen shots on the phone to show the dealership...If they continue to say 'No.', ask them to show you how they're coming up with your VIN is not included, then have them go to the link I sent and enter your VIN...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca