Intake gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Has anybody used these Felpro intake gaskets. Helping a buddy do a 6.4 intake swap on his 5.7 Challenger and he has a couple intake gaskets that have seen better days.The whole set of these are cheaper then buying just one gasket from the local dealer.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I used them when I did the cam on my 5.7. When I did the 6.4 swap I found they were kinda gummy not rubbery anymore. Thought it was kind of weird.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I used them when I did the cam on my 5.7. When I did the 6.4 swap I found they were kinda gummy not rubbery anymore. Thought it was kind of weird.
Wonder if they don't like the ethanol content in Canuck fuel then. I'll let him know ,as even with my wholesale account,the damn things are still around $30 each at the dealer,and he needs at least 2. Thanks guys

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wonder if they don't like the ethanol content in Canuck fuel then. I'll let him know ,as even with my wholesale account,the damn things are still around $30 each at the dealer,and he needs at least 2. Thanks guys
Ethanol is pretty wide spread here in the states and I haven’t heard of it causing issues with modern gaskets. Of course, I’m not a mechanic .

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They use 10% ethanol here. Up to 15% ethanol at some stations. One day I’ll have to order an oe set and swap them just to find out

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
They use 10% ethanol here. Up to 15% ethanol at some stations. One day I’ll have to order an oe set and swap them just to find out
If you find the OEM gaskets fairly cheap,let me know Khris.Up here a full set of OEM gaskets will rock your boat for well over $250 at the dealer

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you find the OEM gaskets fairly cheap,let me know Khris.Up here a full set of OEM gaskets will rock your boat for well over $250 at the dealer
It’ll be whenever I get around to doing my cam swap. Lol. Whenever that happens… so it’ll be heads, intake, and exhaust gaskets.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah probly ethanol. You running boost on these?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Dunk a set into some E51 or better for an extended period of time. Maybe add a couple hundred degrees of heat periodically. I bet we'll have our answer pretty quickly.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dunk a set into some E51 or better for an extended period of time. Maybe add a couple hundred degrees of heat periodically. I bet we'll have our answer pretty quickly.
I'll leave that test up to you,lol.My wife would shoot me if she found me boiling fuel on her stove.Keep us updated on how the test goes though,as i am interested,lol.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'll leave that test up to you,lol.My wife would shoot me if she found me boiling fuel on her stove.Keep us updated on how the test goes though,as i am interested,lol.

I left my chemistry set long ago. Someone reading this do this experiment .

I'm betting they deteriorate over time based on my experiences with the truck.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I left my chemistry set long ago. Someone reading this do this experiment .

I'm betting they deteriorate over time based on my experiences with the truck.
Are you saying you've tried the Felpro gaskets? Pretty well everything will deteriorate given enough time,but what time period or length of time are we talking about,10 months or 10 years

manupnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used felpro on my Chevy 5.3 and someone else's suburban and holding up just fine. I have over 50,000 miles I'm sure on them. No issues.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Are you saying you've tried the Felpro gaskets? Pretty well everything will deteriorate given enough time,but what time period or length of time are we talking about,10 months or 10 years

I haven't used Fel Pro yet but I have them in hand.

I'm down to a P0304 for CEL.

Gonna check for loose plugs or coil pack. If it persists I'll pull the manifold and try out the fel pro gaskets. From the internet pic the gaskets look like they are for an older model hemi. What are the extra 2 pieces for if the o-ring is TB?

I was referring to stock intake gaskets being prone to failure with higher content ethanol gas. This problem always occurs this time of year when they switch our gas to 10% ethanol on my truck. It could be the truck is just a pos anyway :rofl: It has 144k on the odometer. Just waiting for failures so I can finally upgrade the engine internals.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I haven't used Fel Pro yet but I have them in hand.

I'm down to a P0304 for CEL.

Gonna check for loose plugs or coil pack. If it persists I'll pull the manifold and try out the fel pro gaskets. From the internet pic the gaskets look like they are for an older model hemi. What are the extra 2 pieces for if the o-ring is TB?

I was referring to stock intake gaskets being prone to failure with higher content ethanol gas. This problem always occurs this time of year when they switch our gas to 10% ethanol on my truck. It could be the truck is just a pos anyway :rofl: It has 144k on the odometer. Just waiting for failures so I can finally upgrade the engine internals.
The extra 2 oddball shaped ones are for sealing the oil fill port and the pcv port