Interior swap....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thinking of changing my Extreme base model ST to Big Horn SLT or Laramie leather. Has anybody done this, and is it plug and play or is there an insane amount of rewiring?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking of changing my Extreme base model ST to Big Horn SLT or Laramie leather. Has anybody done this, and is it plug and play or is there an insane amount of rewiring?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If you are only trying to add the seats and they aren't power adjust it's a plug and play. If your truck is a 13 through 18 then you will need seats that are 13 through 18. If you end up installing power adjust seats you will need to add the two wires needed for it to work. Constant 12v to the solid red wire in the drivers side yellow seat connector and a ground wire to the black wire in the drivers seat yellow seat connector. You can also install a custom harness made by M2mods who is a vendor on the forum and other necessary parts to install heated/vented seats and heated steering wheel plus memory seats if you want. This is a popular upgrade and has been done several times. It's all up to you how far you want to go. I have a 14 Express and have added pretty much every option available including Laramie heated/vented memory seats and heated wheel. It functions exactly it should. You will also need the alfa tool to enable the codes in the BCM for certain features to function. I recomend you check out the (alfa OBD)thread and the thread I made (Adding Heated/Vented Seats and Heated Wheel to Tradesman/Express) they can be found in the 4th gen D.I.Y section on the forum. I can't paste links on a thread for some reason but I will send you the links in a P.M.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stacy Lee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am doing something similar. I have a 2019 Classic Big Horn that I am swapping over to Laramie interior. Going from heated cloth bench to heated/ventilated leather buckets.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am doing something similar. I have a 2019 Classic Big Horn that I am swapping over to Laramie interior. Going from heated cloth bench to heated/ventilated leather buckets.
Yours will be much easier. Your truck will have the correct wiring. All you will need to do is install the seats with the correct switch panel and enable the codes with the alfa tool. You can also enable the memory seat function by adding four wires and enabling the correct codes.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I overheard my superintendent complaining about the seats in his 2500, a coworker said he could swap Durango seats in. He said they’re much more comfortable.i was in no place to jump in with a comment or dispute since I had no knowledge on the swap. But it had me thinking a few months later that maybe I could do this in my 1500?!?
Any truth to this swap?

Last edited:

Krewl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 ST
Engine
5.7l
Durango Seats would be nice option if possible as I only have a two door 1500 ST and only need driver and passenger seat in leather. My truck is a 2012 and has a complex of being a mix of oddities before the standard 2013+ models.

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

What color are your heated seats? Curious if you want to sell them.. I have a big horn cc with power seats but not even heat [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yours will be much easier. Your truck will have the correct wiring. All you will need to do is install the seats with the correct switch panel and enable the codes with the alfa tool. You can also enable the memory seat function by adding four wires and enabling the correct codes.

I'm about to do the same swap. Heated cloth to heated/vented Laramie seats.

Where in Alpha do I enable the cooled seat and memory seats?
And what are the 4 wires I need to add for the memory seat?
I didn't know I could add that. That's awesome.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where are you guys finding the better seats to use as replacements? I have a tradesman and I would love to upgrade the front seat.

jdstm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Hey im hoping you maybe answer my questions as well I have a 2017 outdoorsman and I got the laramie heated/ vented seats but I never got the seats to work even the adjustments control only thing that works is the lumbar do I also have to add the power and negative to my yellow plug ?? Of what is going on do I need the harness kit ???