It does it all by itself!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I learned very quickly that the FOB buttons are far too sensitive to keep the FOB in my pocket while performing any type of work, even raking leaves off the lawn.

Sometimes just bringing in the groceries will trigger something but any bending to pick up gear in the box, or just climbing into the back can be problematic.

The usual experience for me is unexpected Panic alarms but I have also had the occasional remote start. Are you referring to Panic alarms where the horn sounds repeatedly?

I desensitized the panic button on 1 FOB with a modification that seems to have improved these unexpected Panic alarms. It will sometimes still trigger a Panic alarm if I try to unload firewood with it in my pocket but this happens much less after the modification.

A SOP that I often used before the modification is to move the FOB from my pants pocket to a jacket pocket before climbing into the box.

Since the mod, I occasionally forget to relocate the FOB, but it rarely triggers a Panic alarm.

I disassembled the FOB and added an O ring around the Panic button.

View attachment 542534

View attachment 542533

As I was getting ready to leave the house one day I sat at the bottom of the stairs to put my shoes on and as soon as I brought my leg up the Panic Alarm went off. So now I try not to put anything in the same pocket as the FOB.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 111339 miles

RWlRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 4X4 - Replaced 12-31-17 with '04 1500 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi.....wow what a difference 10 years makes.....
No need to take it to a dealer.
Just remove it from your pocket.

Been there done that a couple times.
Scared the heck out of neighbors and kids.
Even worse late at night.

This is the kind of thing you get when stuff goes high tech.

Give me an old fashioned key any day!

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ditto on getting the FOB our of your pocket.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has a range of closer to 100 yards. A couple times i could barely hear the horn and it was mine going off.
Mine too,easily that far in a straight line out In the open.i couldn't hear mine but I saw the light flash.
Remote start shuts down after 15 minutes. U can remote start twice. If U do it in a row and not start it by button or key it will default out and not remote start a third time.
Mine also locks the truck if it's unlocked while/as you remote start it.
Truck will shut off if you touch the gas before putting the key in.
Truck will start and shut off in like a min or less if low fuel light is on in a remote start....mine anyways.
I wonder if they change things over the years in the features on these trucks.

Cash22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn crew cab with the 3.6 Pentastar, purchased new last August. A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting on my front porch with the key in my pocket, when the truck alarm went off by itself. I shut off the alarm and did not think too much of it, as I know a small fluctuation in the electrical system can cause this. Fast forward to a couple of days ago. I'm working out in the garage, the remote once again in my pocket, when I heard the sound of a vehicle starting up. As my garage is right next to my neighbor's driveway, I ignored the sound of the running engine, thinking it was my neighbor's car. After about ten minutes, I left the garage only to discover it was my Ram that had been running the whole time in my driveway. This is especially weird, as to start the truck via the remote, one would have to push the start button twice in quick succession.

I have not yet bought the truck in to have this looked at. Any ideas?
Take the key out of your pocket.

Edward Hands

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
I was not aware that it would shut off if I touch the gas pedal before the start button, I'll have to try this out.
I have came out to a cold truck and thought "I know that I remote started it already?"
Only to find the "Low Fuel" light illuminated... :emotions122:

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the key out of your pocket.
OP, trust me, it is not hard when key in yer pocket and say U sit down, bend over to hit that remote button twice. Just like B-UTT dialing. Consumer Phone company has a commercial on TV for b-utt dialing, hilarious but soooo true. Heck, even though I have my I phone screen blanked out, somehow, sometimes I find it cued up to odd BS.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just hang my fob and keys on this from my belt.

1715799935197.jpeg

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I am feeling better about the issue and will be careful of triggering the FOB in the future!

I think you found it. With phones its called a butt dial.
You are butt dialing your Ram......;)