It's a choice, what do you recommend

Would you go straight to Redline or stick with Penzoil platinum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Forum,

So I've acquired a couple new non etorque hemi's in the last couple of months. A leftover 2023 Durango RT and a new 2024 Warlock. Both were acquired as new 15 miles or less when purchased

The Warlock which is an awesome platform is ready for its first oil change.

I've got the redline on hand, but was considering the Penzoil route since the engine is under warranty for a while?

Obviously not a question for out of warranty vehicles but since these 2 are factory covered for a while. Appreciate your collective responses.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used pennzoil for the first ten thousand, I then switched to redline and it made a tremendous difference noise wise. After hearing the change I decided that I would never use anything else. The only tick now is the injectors .

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
If you're planning on keeping the trucks then go Red Line (or HPL).

I've got got a new Warlock and at its first oil change (3,500km's) I went right to my stock of HPL SC 0W30 and RP 20-820 oil filter and won't go back.

If you're going to PUP 5W30, then toss in a 15oz bottle of LubeGard BioTech at each OCI as well.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
As long as it ain't ticking, go Pennzoil keep the redline card to play if tick ever shows up. Lifelong this will likely give you the best wear numbers as well. I might be inclined to use ultra instead of platinum if I could.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Imo, I would use Red Line 5w/30 or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w/30 with an 15oz. bottle of LubeGaurd BioTech at the very first oci. and continue on knowing now what I've learned about the drama queen HEMI. I wouldn't be stressed about the warranty because the factory recommended visc., etc oil ain't worth s**t.

Anyway, I have my receipts on all oil related oci's and copies of oil analysis from Blackstone Labs for any warranty issues.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to use HPL fully synthetic oil, either. But that ain't listed in your poll.

Jm2¢

Last edited:

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Redline if you’re willing to pay for it.
I’ve run PUP, Redline, Mobil 1 FS & Lubeguard and just recently stumbled upon Valvoline Extended Protection High Mileage.

Out of those purely by sound I’d rate them Redline > Valvoline > Mobil w/ LG > PUP.

My truck had pup 5w20 with Fram XP10060 for ~90k miles and I had to replace my cam and lifters at 117k. Not really causality, but it put a bad taste in my mouth.

Lubeguard being >$20 for 1qt is a lot imo, but then I’m a stickler for frugality and value.

Last edited: