It's (almost) here 8-17-2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Surprisingly big demand for offroad capable trucks so everyone is making them.
Power Wagon
TRX
Rebel
Ford has the Raptor and Tremor and now Bronco, it's crazy.

I have to tow and most offroad vehicles suck at that except Tremor.

OP
OP
Neil E

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Surprisingly big demand for offroad capable trucks so everyone is making them.
Power Wagon
TRX
Rebel
Ford has the Raptor and Tremor and now Bronco, it's crazy.

I have to tow and most offroad vehicles suck at that except Tremor.

It's going to be interesting to see how much this can tow since it will have the Hellcat engine.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's going to be interesting to see how much this can tow since it will have the Hellcat engine.

Hope it's not like how the Dakota 5.9 R/T's were. Having less towing rating then the 5.2 trucks, to the point chrysler was buying them back or giving you money for parts and accessories.
I think even the Viper trucks had a low towing rating with the auto and nothing for the 6 speed ones

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The Hellcat will bring the HP but that designated offroad suspension will have Mickey mouse payload.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Towing and payload will undoubtedly be lower. Compare the Power Wagon with any other 2500 model and you'll see the same thing. If you want to tow or haul, I wouldn't suggest a TRX. It's purpose built, and that purpose isn't for towing/hauling stuff.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Purpose built for all the metrojethro to drive around on the highways

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Towing and payload will undoubtedly be lower. Compare the Power Wagon with any other 2500 model and you'll see the same thing. If you want to tow or haul, I wouldn't suggest a TRX. It's purpose built, and that purpose isn't for towing/hauling stuff.
Bingo. PW can only tow ~9,500 lbs from the factory. Factor in all the weight I’ve added, and I’m only able to pull about 8,500 lbs with my truck. A little embarrassing for a 3/4 ton truck, but once I show people what I use it for they go “oh, never mind” lol

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would be tempting but I'll need payload in the future for retirement (truck camper).

Unfortunately, while this truck would be a ton of fun....not on my radar. Nice to look at though.

I still think they will be going for 85,000....the Trackhawk sitting at my local dealer was listed for 88,000. Finally sold after almost a year.

Oak_Grove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm just watching with excitement hoping they will announce options/etc. I am So ready to order my '21 Laramie, but waiting for the Uconnect5. Hopefully my wait will be short lived!

steven_sbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want one. BIG TIME want one. Pricing it now, looks like $87K. Wish it had RamBox option and maybe Sublime paint, or bright orange, but I can work with the colors for now. I don't tow much, but I like to go fast. The Hellcat motor will be a good partner for my Challenger Hellcat Redeye.

Link to the press release: https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21982&mid=1

Link to the press kit with the feature availability chart: https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21977&mid=1

I want one.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I just noticed it has a console shifter and not the dial shifter. I like the open console of the dial shifter.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
All I can say is, I’m mad

1, I’m mad because I can’t afford it

And 2...
27606e6a98d4ad5a8cc9fc220a4552d6.jpg

They really let me spend my time in photoshop making a custom TRX logo to get etched onto my retrofitted projectors, only to put the TRX into production and make me look like an upbadger

For the record, I chose TRX to match the TRX4 off-road trim that the 3rd gens as I’m trying to add all the off-roady things that trim level had, and just took off the 4 cuz I’m a 2wd

Now I gotta decide where to get 80 thousand dollars..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I’m definitely buying a TRX. Been waiting for this day! Already emailed all the dealers around about placing an order once banks open. Heard back from two that they are going to charge $30k dealer mark up (theft). I will never pay a mark up. Found my Raptor at invoice (out of state) from the awesome power of shared knowledge on forums. If anyone hears about a dealer not trying to steal from customers please share!

Oak_Grove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
LordExplorer-The dealers are adding $30,000 to the MSRP? Good grief! Luckily I'm in the market for a Laredo instead...was hoping they would have announced the Uconnect5 at today's announcement..

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
LordExplorer-The dealers are adding $30,000 to the MSRP? Good grief! Luckily I'm in the market for a Laredo instead...was hoping they would have announced the Uconnect5 at today's announcement..

Right?! Insane they think that’s okay. Build I’d want would end up being $118k and I’d end up divorced and broke because her attorney would know I’m a sucker after paying that much for a truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990