JBA Shorties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of JBA shorties laying around in my garage and thinking about installing them but...

1. What's the process of installing them myself?

2. Is it true the gaskets constantly go out and cause exhaust leaks?

3. Will they go along well with the magnaflow 14" single 3" in dual 2.5" out that I just purchased online?

4. Will I see a decent amount of power gain? I have already installed my diablosport trinity t1000 and Volant CAI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's what I just ordered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 76

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
1: either get an experienced mechaninc friend to help you or have them intalled professionally

2:use mopar OEM gaskets

3: yes. Also your y pipe. You just have to find an exhaust shop with a mandel bender and willing to use stainless (more $) to install your y pipe and then your muffler

4: yes it should be decent

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1: either get an experienced mechaninc friend to help you or have them intalled professionally

2:use mopar OEM gaskets

3: yes. Also your y pipe. You just have to find an exhaust shop with a mandel bender and willing to use stainless (more $) to install your y pipe and then your muffler

4: yes it should be decent

Great info! As for question no. 3, will the y pipe need mandel bending weather I install the headers or not?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes. Due to its design and location custom pipe bending will be needed to install it. Whether or not you go longtubes will determine final routing. I think those jbas bolt right up to the stock collectors so you should be able to do it in two steps. Install the headers then head over to the exhaust shop
Say if you were doing lt's they wouldnt bolt up and you would have to either go completely custom or buy the accompanying ORY from the company that made the lt's

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
I have JBA shorties and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. Due to its design and location custom pipe bending will be needed to install it. Whether or not you go longtubes will determine final routing. I think those jbas bolt right up to the stock collectors so you should be able to do it in two steps. Install the headers then head over to the exhaust shop
Say if you were doing lt's they wouldnt bolt up and you would have to either go completely custom or buy the accompanying ORY from the company that made the lt's

Okay I had no idea of that, what should be a standard charge to have the muffler and y pipe installed?

Is that the only modification needed for install? And exactly what pipe needs bending?

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have JBA shorties and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know how I feel about them after install, LOL.

Anything I should be aware of with install? What gaskets did you use and any leaks?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Okay I had no idea of that, what should be a standard charge to have the muffler and y pipe installed?

Is that the only modification needed for install? And exactly what pipe needs bending?

I actually have no clue with what it would cost, and i didnt want the hassle, so when i do it it will be a premade mandral bend ORY

Now let me direct you to this excellent post by bouf0010 with beautiful photos illustrating exactly what needs to be done

http://www.ramforum.com/691767-post9.html

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol sorry looks like you guys got it pretty well covered, good luck!

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after some research I found out to have them installed is going to be past my budget so I have decided to sell them. If anyone is interested let me know, I'm asking $300 shipped

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Doesn't hurt to try. If you have the necessary tools go for it.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey where are you located?

Sent from the MOPAR Gods!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My local 4wheel parts shop installed my JBA shorties. Seems that it is quiet labor intensive (at least on my 2012). Install cost me almost as much as the headers themselves. Next was a follow-up visit to tighten due to leakage...
I am very happy with them and 4wheel did an excellent job as always.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
my local 4wheel parts shop installed my jba shorties. Seems that it is quiet labor intensive (at least on my 2012). Install cost me almost as much as the headers themselves. Next was a follow-up visit to tighten due to leakage...
I am very happy with them and 4wheel did an excellent job as always.

4wheel parts is expensive for labor.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Dude,
I just ordered mine, let me see if I can cancel