Just bought a Stage 5 ATS Transmission!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after a long long search for a shop around this area to complete an 8 speed swap in place of the 545rfe, I came up short and flat out told by a few of the shops, they wouldn’t even take a chance at completing the job. Mind you, these were transmission shops. One shop did call me back and said they “really weren’t sure but could try it out” and I didn’t like those chances. Two other shops never got back to me. So with that, I made a call to ATS in Colorado and they provided me everything I wanted. They where pretty good as they provided me with some Ontario Canada Preformance shops that sell their products. Got hooked up with PartsEngine in Scarborough, Ontario and got the Stage 5 ATS trans with the goodies including the CoPilot harness that will Hold 850HP (stated by ATS tech guys). Set me back roughy $7400 Canadian after the 10% off Boxing Day sale and another product code I used. Now the waiting game, like 8-10 weeks from what I was told, never know though, could be sooner I hope. Engine is done (driver’s rocker arm assembly). I hope this trans is the last one I put in. I don’t expect to go crazy race mode, but if a Ford comes crawling, things may go down.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Very interested in hearing how this works out, that is great man.

One of those shops will install? Shipped to them? How much will install be?

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No the shop that has done my engine is doing the trans swap, they said they didn’t know the details or have the time to learn how to do it, very busy, but good shop. They swapping out trans for $800 and shipping was free anywhere in Canada. Trans being shipped right to shop as my truck has been there over a month now, waiting.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
800 bucks is a steal, cant wait to hear about this.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got hooked up with PartsEngine in Scarborough, Ontario and got the Stage 5 ATS trans with the goodies including the CoPilot harness that will Hold 850HP (stated by ATS tech guys).

Looking forward to seeing this. Havent found any first hand reviews yet. So looking forward to yours.

800 bucks is a steal, cant wait to hear about this.

Dropping the RFE takes about 2hours in a driveway...lol... So A 6 hour job at a trans shop at 125$ an/h is about the going rate.

Not really a steal.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Around here it was 600 dollars to change a rear main seal in 1996 eo4d, lol. You couldnt get a transmission installed around here for 600 since the korean war. Now with cpu's, much risk for the shop. Still looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooo, after waiting 10 weeks for build time and shipping delays, and then the actual trans being “misplaced” for 5 weeks during shipping, I finally have the trans on its way to the garage where the wiring and computer is waiting. Annoying but finally get this thing running! Will
Update once she’s in and running!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I was annoyed and almost got a refund and purchased elsewhere. Good thing I stayed the course. Bought another truck in the process though

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the ATS stage 5 545rfe is in and man she’s solid. Night and day difference in my shifting and she holds gears better then when she stock. The copilot, I’m still getting use to using. The shifts are right crisp! Just have to get more miles on it for a better review. With the trans, engine/cam and gears all redone, this truck is a beast. Will see how it holds up moving forward. However at the moment, very impressed! Just have to get my off road bumpers/UCAs and levelling shocks installed and I’ll most likely throw her up for truck of the month come summer.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well the ATS stage 5 545rfe is in and man she’s solid. Night and day difference in my shifting and she holds gears better then when she stock. The copilot, I’m still getting use to using. The shifts are right crisp! Just have to get more miles on it for a better review. With the trans, engine/cam and gears all redone, this truck is a beast. Will see how it holds up moving forward. However at the moment, very impressed! Just have to get my off road bumpers/UCAs and levelling shocks installed and I’ll most likely throw her up for truck of the month come summer.
man bro, that sounds perfect, exactly what I would want. you got my vote! The one thing I hate about my truck is the 545 paired with 3.55's, sounds like if I get the coin I can fix that. This ram is looking more and more like my last truck. Appreciate the update.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
what was the final tally on costs for the unit and install? ats direct sales? or local guy ordered it for you?

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the trans through an aftermarket shop here in Ontario and paid for shipping altogether from ATS, $8000 which includes my core of $1800 I’ll get back once they receive my
Old one. $1000 for install of everything ordered. I got a great deal on the trans as it was right on Christmas when I ordered it and got a discount from the 3rd party shop I bought through.
Paired with the 4:56 gears, truck feels tremendous!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
sweet