Just installed power wire & tranny boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before the tranny wire and power wire I was seeing 12.5.-13.0 in the city.

I have exhaust, tuner, cai, new spark plugs, recent tune up, fresh oil, 93 octane.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
It was everything else then not the powerwire and line booster that gave you the boost in mpg's

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
with the line booster, do i need to upgrade my tranny cooling with a larger pan or better tranny cooler?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Good Info Ryan. I was thinking about removing my Transgo Resistor and adding a Sonnax plug-in so now i will not go all out on the Test-Drive if i do this. A sharadon stage 2 valve body is supposed to really work well especially in the 03's and that is on the longer term list....but something for Tyler to consider as well!

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Are you going by the over head consol? If so did you reset everything after the tune up and plugs were done or only after the powerwire and trans wire? The reset will cause it to relearn the new items added and relearn your driving style, thats how it works. MOST of the time, after a hard reset, the overhead will show an increase in mpg's until it relearns and levels out and/or drops.

Im not doubting the increase in mileage, but its not from those two mods.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Good Info Ryan. I was thinking about removing my Transgo Resistor and adding a Sonnax plug-in so now i will not go all out on the Test-Drive if i do this. A sharadon stage 2 valve body is supposed to really work well especially in the 03's and that is on the longer term list....but something for Tyler to consider as well!

The transgo wire and the sonnax are basically the same thing, one is just a much nicer plug and play setup than the other. Been thinking of a new valve body as well but its hit and miss from everything that I have read. I'd rather just save up and drop in a performance trans than piece together one but we'll see. If you do pick it up let us know how it does for you

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you going by the over head consol? If so did you reset everything after the tune up and plugs were done or only after the powerwire and trans wire? The reset will cause it to relearn the new items added and relearn your driving style, thats how it works. MOST of the time, after a hard reset, the overhead will show an increase in mpg's until it relearns and levels out and/or drops.

Im not doubting the increase in mileage, but its not from those two mods.

I am going by the over had console, but its already gone thru that phase where it reset the gas millege and learns everything. I've put a steady 300+ mile since I installed the wire.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
just put the sonnax boost line in. noticeable difference. cant wait to get my 50 miles in to play with the wot and see if my 1/4 mile times get better.