Keeping power steps deployed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
How do I keep my power steps deployed to wash them? 2019 Laramie Longhorn.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
How do I keep my power steps deployed to wash them? 2019 Laramie Longhorn.

Put your foot on the step and apply a little pressure when you close the door, it will activate the safety and stay open

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put your foot on the step and apply a little pressure when you close the door, it will activate the safety and stay open

I think there's also an option if you use the screen inside the truck. On the "controls" (same as heated/cooled seats) screen there should be an option to deploy the step.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just open my door slightly :shrug:

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the Controls screen there is a soft button to deploy the steps. They will stay out until you open and close the door or punch the soft button again. I did this yesterday to wash mine.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition. Because the factory pwoered running boards are known good - third party would be unknown territory.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)