KO2's For the Save!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So we recently moved. I start putting the car seat back in and overall cleaning the trash out and what do I see? A screw in my back tire... 2 days before Christmas great.. I noticed the tire wasn't flat. My tpms wasn't on (still at 39 psi) . The screw was definitely in there. I grabbed it with my fingers and tried to move it around to hear air if it was leaking.

Called up local free service shop. Said for $50 could get a patch put on today. Took the truck there and about 10 minutes later they tell me the screw didn't go far enough and they pulled it right out with no leak! Now I didn't see the screw that they pulled out, but I'm still praising the KO2 for being the saver here!!!
20201223_141036.jpg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Did they put a patch it it anyway...?

I worked at a tire shop for years. If it went into the belts I patched it regardless. Never know how close it was.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cwils80

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I worked at a tire shop for years. If it went into the bolts I patched it regardless. Never know how close it was.

No patch was put on. Since no air was leaking no need for one right? If it starts to leak could always take it back and get it patched.

Reactions: U&A

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My ko2's picked up a screw a few weeks ago, I wasn't so lucky.

Glad yours isn't leaking!

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
It’ll happen again, have this on the shelf so you can repair yourself quickly.

Removal of tire/inside patches are best, but having a tire pressure monitor on the EVIC makes this repair reliable. Have done a couple with no pressure loss even into winter now.

A6A04186-DED8-4B11-B466-A5D501FC2B46.jpeg

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No patch was put on. Since no air was leaking no need for one right? If it starts to leak could always take it back and get it patched.
correct. tires get stuff imbedded in them all the time that do not go deep enough to do any damage. easy way to check for leaks at a puncture is to spray it with some soapy water. You will see bubbles if there is an actual puncture.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I worked at a tire shop for years. If it went into the belts I patched it regardless. Never know how close it was.

What would they patch if the belted steel thread inside wasn't pierced ?

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
It’ll happen again, have this on the shelf so you can repair yourself quickly.

Removal of tire/inside patches are best, but having a tire pressure monitor on the EVIC makes this repair reliable. Have done a couple with no pressure loss even into winter now.

View attachment 231745

Yep, I live out in the woods & weeds, no tire shop close. I use this same kit every so often. It works fine. Now if I drove 80 mph across a 120 degree desert a lot, a real patch might be required, but with my conservative type driving, I've never had one fail. JMO.