Laramie Purchasing Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nice man! Glad you got the truck

Thanks. I was not ready to buy but I guess the truck was ready to be owned. Hah. Need to sell my Maxima as trade in was awfully low. Timing that will be a real pain in the diff.

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
I just took delivery one month ago on my new Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 fully loaded with Ramboxes, air suspension, sunroof, and navigation and with a pentastar V6 and 3.55 gears. I ordered this truck in December after a long time researching the truck market for 2015 - quite frankly it came to a close choice between this truck and 2015 Ford Lariat but in the end I chose the Ram.

I'll say it this simply - THIS IS THE BEST TRUCK CONFIGURATION ON THE MARKET TODAY _ BAR NONE!!!

This pentastar motor is THE best kept secret in the industry! It accelrates great, smooth shifting with the 8 speed transmission and plently of power even in snow with the four wheel drive engaged. The gas mileage is great - I am averaging 18-19 combined city and highway - mostly stop-and-go. I am so pleased with this truck and with all the equipment I got - do you want to know what the best aspect is? The motor!!!! The pentastar is great!

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Glad you like the truck, sounds like a great city ride. I was torn between the Hemi and the V6 because I don't really tow and I am sure the moment I take delivery the price of gas will shoot up. Good for my oil&gas job at least. I don't believe the V6 is available on what I ordered but I also didn't think you could get it on your config either. Mine is the club cab 6' bed. It should begin building 5/2.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
get the options you want.. don't settle unless u are sure u don't need it... I settled on a few things and kind of wish I hadent... but then I remind my self.. it was only 39k otd...