Larger tires with level ride air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting larger tires under a truck with the newer air level suspension and lifting the truck because I don't think you can lift the truck all the way up and still drive down the freeway. Comfortably so is anyone tried this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried putting larger tires under a truck with the newer air level suspension and lifting the truck because I don't think you can lift the truck all the way up and still drive down the freeway. Comfortably so is anyone tried this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

New air level? This suspension setup has been around for years.

And no, if you lift the suspension up using the factory setup, it will lower back down at a certain speed. You can, however, put an actual lift kit on with this suspension setup.

E-rok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can do a body lift too, just a thought.

OP
OP
jljbtm

jljbtm

Reaction score
So it lowers back down at a certain speed I didn't know that. So if you put larger tires say 35s then when it lowers back down cruising the front tires May rub or the back tires May rub at that point?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe you can override the automatic lowering in your UConnect settings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you can override the automatic lowering in your UConnect settings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The only thing you can do is turn off AERO mode. but it will still lower from OffRoad 2 at about 20 mph and OffRoad 1 at about 45 mph. The easy option is adjustable links to trick the height sensors. Or get the 4" BDS suspension lift for air ride equipped trucks. I've been digging into AlfaOBD a bit and comparing info from other threads to change the height setting in the BCM. But so far I haven't had the time to do the measurements and figure out what numbers I need to input to make the proper amount of lift.