Late Model Year Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatbassman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am picking up my new 1500 Laramie tomorrow. It was built the last week of July. I stopped in to sign some papers tonight and got to see it (they still have to detail it, and add some trim).

So here's why I'm posting... The Laramie on the lot I was looking at when I make my order had a small card holder inside the front of the storage area of the console....

My truck has the same large phone/small tablet holder that the Rebel has! My Note 4 fits perfectly! This was an AWESOME surprise!

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this a small late model year change?

I didn't take a pic, but here's a pic of the Rebel interior so you know what I mean.
saw948.jpg

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am picking up my new 1500 Laramie tomorrow. It was built the last week of July. I stopped in to sign some papers tonight and got to see it (they still have to detail it, and add some trim).

So here's why I'm posting... The Laramie on the lot I was looking at when I make my order had a small card holder inside the front of the storage area of the console....

My truck has the same large phone/small tablet holder that the Rebel has! My Note 4 fits perfectly! This was an AWESOME surprise!

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this a small late model year change?

I didn't take a pic, but here's a pic of the Rebel interior so you know what I mean.
saw948.jpg

yes it is a late model year change - a nice one too.

i'm just hoping vendors like AllMoparParts make a kit for us :D.

OP
OP
F

fatbassman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Late Model Year Change

yes it is a late model year change - a nice one too.

i'm just hoping vendors like AllMoparParts make a kit for us :D.

Its a little thing, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty stoked about it! I was wondering what I was gong to do with my ginormous Note 4 if I needed it out (secondary nav Bluetooth music or whatever)

Way to go Ram!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah that's a new change for 2015.5. To get that for an older 4th gen I believe someone said it was 700 or 900 at the dealer.

Nice change for sure

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I am in the process of upgrading my center console to the one in the picture above.. I bought my 2015 Laramie the first of last month and I never liked the little business card holder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chumba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in the process of upgrading my center console to the one in the picture above.. I bought my 2015 Laramie the first of last month and I never liked the little business card holder!

If you do make this upgrade, could you please share the part numbers? I am ordering the phone holder for my current business card holder, but I saw the new set up and like it. Thanks!

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I have the updated version and as stated earlier, its awesome. It will fit both my note 5 and the wifes *** phone.. andcharge them both to... and the fact that you can push down and it will securely hold it while i am riding around!

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
If you do make this upgrade, could you please share the part numbers? I am ordering the phone holder for my current business card holder, but I saw the new set up and like it. Thanks!

I sure will.. I already ordered the parts should be here next week hopefully.. Soon as I get them installed I will post pictures and the part numbers.

Chumba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get this upgrade completed? I was kinda bummed out when the truck I test drove had this, but the one I bought didn't have it.

If I remember correctly, you lose the 12V by doing this swap?

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4
I was with a colleague yesterday and I noticed this update and snapped a pick. I was going to start a question thread about it, and then I seen this one started. This is from a 2015 CC Hemi Lonestar edition 2wd. He said he purchased the truck off the lot early October.

Chumba - I don't know about losing the 12v doing the swap, this one has it. It is under the holder.

Attachments

• Console 2015 CC.jpg
    Console 2015 CC.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 161

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I just finished doing the swap and everything fits perfect! You will not lose the 12v plug that is in the original console trim/bezel pieces .. I will post of some parts number tomorrow. You have to by 2 separate parts. One is the larger part of the console, the second one is a mat, that goes in the cubby underneath the switches for the heated seats ..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The cup holders are by far the best upgrade to the centre console. Now they'll actually hold something instead of bouncing around.

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just finished doing the swap and everything fits perfect! You will not lose the 12v plug that is in the original console trim/bezel pieces .. I will post of some parts number tomorrow. You have to by 2 separate parts. One is the larger part of the console, the second one is a mat, that goes in the cubby underneath the switches for the heated seats ..

Any updates on this?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Any updates on this?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Here are the part numbers for the mid year console update/change:

Mat - 5VC95DX9AC - $11.00