Leather dashboard 2021 Ram 1500 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ortho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Etorque
First of all I have enjoyed owning my 2021 Ram 1500 limited. Purchased new and have had limited to no complaints. I’m a medical professional and have used this truck for commute only, no heavy duty construction use, just road driving. I have taken this truck for regular oiil changes at dealer and had it undergo dealer inspection with each service.
Recently with 67000 miles I have noticed the leather dashboard on driver side bubble up, actually pulling away from its undersurface. I have used sunshade but apparently it didn’t protect or prevent this from happening.

I am very surprised this is happening on a vehicle with such low mileage and build quality. This has to be a quality measure defect from factory. Has anyone else experienced this and if so please tell me or FCA/RAM about this by posting on this thread. Thanks

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've read about this same issue on another RAM forum but he was out of his 3-year 36K warranty. I don't recall his end result.

The issue is obviously a quality issue by the supplier that provides the assembled dash unit. Since you are out of warranty the best you can hope for is RAM may cover the repair, take it back and see if your dealer will go to bat for you.

My dealer told me RAM wants to keep their customers and after 9 years and 80K miles, RAM helped me out with replacing a delaminating oil pan on my 2013 HEMI.

TRK_GANG74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same problem on my 19 Laramie Longhorn. Bought my truck used last year with just over 16000 miles on it. Dealer replaced it under warranty without any fight after a few months of ownership. Got a whole new dash frame with new leather and it’s held up fine in the 5 months since replacing. They swapped over everything from the old dash to the new one. Haven’t had a problem with any squeaks or other issues.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This should be repaired by OEM but seems they are being very quiet about it and hoping the problem goes away. I park my truck in the shed and still bubbles up very bad about an inch when it gets in the sun. It is obvious the adhesive is releasing. it drops down when it gets cooler. it isn't shrinking like some have stated. @Customer Service You guys should be investigating this and help us that spent 62k + on a premium vehicle and have to place dash covers over the dash to hide the embarrassment. Mine started when it was right at the 36k warranty and mentioned it too the dealership and they said no way they will replace the dash. They didn't seem to even care about it. Even thought they sold me two nice vehicles. Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Ram 1500 Limited.

jaymzmtz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same. Leather dash looks like a flat balloon. I was probably one of the first ones with a 2019 Ram Limited in San Antonio as i rushed and got mine in 2018. It's the most expensive vehicle I've ever had. I was told by my dealer to contact Chrysler but all they did was tell me that it's out of warranty regardless of the fact that it's a known issue.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My Dash is bubbling very bad.

Same. Leather dash looks like a flat balloon. I was probably one of the first ones with a 2019 Ram Limited in San Antonio as i rushed and got mine in 2018. It's the most expensive vehicle I've ever had. I was told by my dealer to contact Chrysler but all they did was tell me that it's out of warranty regardless of the fact that it's a known issue.
Did either of you send a message to @RamCares, as requested in post #5 above? Sounds like they want to help out anyone willing to work with them. I'm sure Ram is keeping track of this, and will hopefully resolve this issue in future models.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
They were both first timers. Maybe can’t PM

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Did either of you send a message to @RamCares, as requested in post #5 above? Sounds like they want to help out anyone willing to work with them. I'm sure Ram is keeping track of this, and will hopefully resolve this issue in future models.
Hey!

We appreciate you tagging us! At this time, we are keeping track of our customers who are experiencing this issue. If anyone in this thread needs assistance, DM or tag us!

Callie
Ram Cares

ramjam65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Ram 1500 Limited. Same problem. Was in warranty. Since replacing I’ve taken every precaution; side window deflectors to be able to crack the windows to vent the heat and prevent rain from coming in, a dash cover, a sun shade for the windshield. Ram just needs to replace it without leather glued on it. It’s going to happen again no matter what we do. My truck is black on black and I live in Florida. Just the difference in temps of parking it after it being cool and then heating up, then cooling down again added with Florida’s humidity will cause it.

Pitchlord

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here. 2019 1500 with 27k miles.
Noticed yesterday. Dealer replacing. Luckily caught just in time...

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Anyone who is experiencing an issue with their dashboard bubbling, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a direct message so that we can get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares
Well, like many others I'm having the same problem with the leather dash bubbling up on my 2019 ram 1500 limited.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well, like many others I'm having the same problem with the leather dash bubbling up on my 2019 ram 1500 limited.
If you decide to address this with your local dealer, please send us a direct message. We'd be happy to assist you.

Callie
Ram Cares

jboy4703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2020 1500 Limited with 14,000 miles from out of state about a month ago. It had a peeling dash edge directly in front of driver. I took it to my local dealer, Haddad Dodge in Bakersfield, and was told it was covered, no problem. They had the parts in a week, dropped it off on a Monday, picked it up Tuesday afternoon. They did a great job, and my service rep Augie was awesome to work with. Love this truck!!

Helzcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares

I recently had my dash replaced through Chrysler under the goodwill program. That was back in February (approximately 90 days ago) and my truck only had 46,000 miles. Now, at 48,000 miles. the delamination has already begun again (despite using a sun visor). I showed the service advisor yesterday and she said I needed to let the dash settle for a couple of months. The problem is that there is already an air pocket under the leather, so it has delaminated again. The dealer has been great, but this is not going to settle. Please help, as I'm not sure what to do. Surely Chrysler should be willing to stand behind a defective part that was just installed. I currently own three Chrysler vehicles that I have serviced at the dealer regularly and I've been a very loyal customer. I've included a photo below and sent a DM. Please help.

https://www.ramforum.com/media/img_2251-jpg.32038/full

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
RamCares,

I recently had my dash replaced through Chrysler under the goodwill program. That was back in February (approximately 90 days ago) and my truck only had 46,000 miles. Now, at 48,000 miles. the delamination has already begun again (despite using a sun visor). I showed the service advisor yesterday and she said I needed to let the dash settle for a couple of months. The problem is that there is already an air pocket under the leather, so it has delaminated again. The dealer has been great, but this is not going to settle. Please help, as I'm not sure what to do. Surely Chrysler should be willing to stand behind a defective part that was just installed. I currently own three Chrysler vehicles that I have serviced regularly and I've been a very loyal customer. I've included a photo below and sent a DM. Please help.

https://www.ramforum.com/media/img_2251-jpg.32038/full
The most effective way to get their attention is to tag them, like this:
@RamCares