Leather treatment and vented seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
Anyone have any opinions on what is the best way to condition the leather of heated/vented seats without causing any problems with the venting system?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone have any opinions on what is the best way to condition the leather of heated/vented seats without causing any problems with the venting system?
I use a kit from Chemical Guys. The kit has cleaner, conditioner, scent, and protection plus two applicators. I have no issues with ventilation or heating. If have also applied Meguiars leather spray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have two vent fans. One is on the bottom of the seat and the other is back of the seat. They are mounted pretty far away from the actual seat material. You can see the bottom fan if you look under the seat. Your not going to hurt anything as long as you use a cleaner that is safe for the actual material and you don't use ridiculous amounts. They understand that you are going to need to clean your seats and possibly have a spill now and then so they try to design them to be durable.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Spray the microfiber cloth and not the seat is prudent. Try not to cake the paste in the seat perforations if using a cream.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I use a shaving brush and slap the seat, have had various vented seats over the years and works good for things trapped in the holes.

AE014666-D505-45D8-998E-4695D00A305E.jpeg

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a shaving brush and slap the seat, have had various vented seats over the years and works good for things trapped in the holes.

View attachment 225742

So someone else does the "slap" method! I use my wet/dry vac and "slap" the seat to make sure all that chit bounces up out of the seat and it works great. I guess the brush would too, but you still have to vacuum that stuff up afterwards.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I don’t use the vacuum on leather. Brush and microfiber only. I start at the top of interior, and brush/wipe everything to the floor and then vacuum. Whatever works.