led dash swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Looks good. How bad is it to take the dash and everything off.

No idea on 4th gens. 2nd gen dashes are WAY different. Gonna have to wait for someone to chime in that has a 4th gen that has done it before.

Tripp12345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be thankful you don't have an 07 like me.. not a screw in sight! For the 04, You start with the two that screw into the dash above the cluster, then work your way from there. It's not the simplest process, but far from the hardest. Like I said before, it'll be 2+ hours to do it all.
Like someone said before, the Neo size is determined by the following number 3,4,5mm. Yes you have to get a tint for the odometer, it is called "roscolux" and it comes in different shades.
I know some of the climate control lights were soldered in, but I believe the 04's are not, the one I did wasn't anyway.
I've never messed with 4th gens either.
But yes Kyle, all blue will look slick as hell. But I only did white/clear on the climate control because there is already a red/blue color strip around the middle dial, and I didn't want the blue to interfere with the red strip, as it surely will. you'll have blue and dark purple instead of blue/red most likely.. something to think about before you order. With LED's, all sales are final and there are no returns. So just make sure you know exactly what you want before ordering:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
i pulled mine apart the other day to do a light count to see how many i needed for sure. wasnt hard at all. ordered my lights for the cluster and climate controls and also the overhead display. gonna order the roscolux tomorrow so i can do the overhead and odometer.

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
anyone know what i would need to do the headlight switch and the door window and lock switch?

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I'm pretty sure the LEDs on the door switches are soldered in. That makes it considerably more work. Not to mention it's a pain in the butt to pry off those switches to get to the LEDs underneath.

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
just got all my led's in today! going to switch them out after i get off work, will post before and after pics when im done. ended up going with the blue led's instead of white. still waiting on the roscolux though, speaking of which if anyone needs some let me know, i will have plenty extra!

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
im thinking of putting a white led in the center of the climate control to help light the red up and over by the defrost, kind of dark over there. :hmm:

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
half hour maybe? all i didnt was the gauge cluster and the climate controls, still waiting on my led's for the overhead display and roscolux to do the PRND21 and the overhead. no soldering, ive read that if you have dual climate controls or if you want to do the door switches or headlight switch i believe you have to solder them.

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
got the roscolux in the mail today! just got it finished up now, gotta go put it in the truck and see how it turned out... already did the overhead earlier.
this pic doesnt really do any justice, looks much better in person.
1016122008_zpsa558c520.jpg

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
anyone know how to maybe "blend" the color any better towards the bottom? i believe somewhere i read something about wax paper in the climate control???
1015121909_zpsda4b327e.jpg
its brighter at the bottom than the top.

OP
OP
BLKDODGE04

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
everythings done now on the dash! just gotta figure out how to blend the hot spots somehow. any ideas? i heard someone say something about wax paper but not sure how to do that :hmm: any ideas?