LED question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It must vary between 2013-2014 and even so, from vehicle to vehicle. I rechecked my bulbs on Sunday, and my reverse are can bus, plate, cargo and interior are NOT canbus and I get zero error messages. I even switched out some for the reverse to try and get an error and nothing happened. I put some in the rear turn signals and a message came on.

Just like Apepe said above, it's just trial and error. If you don't want to take the risk, just get the canbus leds to begin with. Adding resistors is a must for the turn signals though, I'm almost certain.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Yeah, this is first I've heard of people NOT having problems with LEDs on the 2013+...

It didn't make sense to me why people were having problems in the first place. Especially with LEDs in the licence plate lights.

Once person said the 2013+ light run off BCM or something.

OP
OP
Jak259

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So would these work? I'm a little confused on the right part #s to get. The stock bulb from the liscense plate is a 194 I believe. Are the dome lights the same bulbs? As for the reverse I think I'll go with the retro solutions bulbs unless I can find another one that's clocked the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jak259

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oops forgot the pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400009925.842194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, this is first I've heard of people NOT having problems with LEDs on the 2013+...

It didn't make sense to me why people were having problems in the first place. Especially with LEDs in the licence plate lights.

Once person said the 2013+ light run off BCM or something.

Yeah, no problems so far. I've read of others having issues and others not, very strange.

As far as the dome light. I have the one in the center rear, that bulb is a 212-2 also known as a 4410. if you have a different configuration, I am sure someone else can chime in with the bulb numbers.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Express, you WON'T get an error for the tag, reverse, third brake or interior lights. I replaced them all with fleabay cheap led bulbs and get no warnings whatsoever.

You will get them with the turn signals, you would need resistors for those.

This. Same here on my 2013 Express.

jdogbyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Weird. I have a 2014 lonestar and I got a license plate out warning the first time I started the truck. Now, I get the message about every 3 weeks. I guess it has just enough current draw to not give the error message. I did get it every time on the 3rd brake light, though. There are no messages for the interior lights and I don't get it for the cargo lights either. I have 194 led's off of Amazon.com and the festoon type led in the dome light. All just regular led's.