LEDs staying dimly lit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIWHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else replace dome and map lights with LEDs and have them stay dimly lit after they are suppose to be off?

image-5.jpg

Looks a lot brighter in photo, barely noticeable when driving but they definitely have some light to them. And can I say they are like DAYLIGHT when lit! They do go totally black after truck is off after about a minute.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Dunno what that is but I will be doing mine blue soon, hopefully I won't have that problem!

Theo112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine do the same thing. I like it... It's kind of like having ambient lighting. Mine aren't bright enough to bother, but they do stay dimly lit. They give just enough light to see what's going on in the cab without being a pain in the butt.

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Confirmed You Need a resistor. Unlike the regular lightbulbs LEDs have almost no natural resistance so even the smallest amount of power will light them up. They are going off after around a minute because our trucks kill power to almost everything once they sit for a bit.