Let’s get to the bottom of these No Starts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
JarHeadJohn
Burla wanted you to click on the Orange words " what is this "

it would have taken you to this video
it cover Rams from 2009 - 2020

Personally, i could not find that part

Last edited:

Ironhead3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
JUST FOUND THE CURE FOR THIS FOR A COWORKERS 2011 - SAME THING-CRANK BUT NO START FOR THE LAST YEAR. I GOOGLED 2011 RAM 1500 CRANK BUT NO START AND FOUND FAULTY FUEL PUMP RELAY IN THE TIPM(FANCY NAME FOR THE FUSE/RELAY BOX UNDER THE HOOD BY THE FRONT OF THE DRIVERS FENDER AND RAD SUPPORT) IT SHOWS WHAT FUSE TO CHECK AND PUT 12V POWER TO. EASY FIX-BUY A RELAY, INLINE FUSE AND HEAT SHRINK SPLICES AND IN 20 MINUTES IT WAS FIXED. THAT WAS A MONTH AGO AND TRUCK STARTS EVERY TIME. GOOD LUCK

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gentlemen, Let me shed some light on this situation.
An engine needs three things to run. Fuel, air and spark.

First I do not believe anyone here would discover a vehicle's engine has fuel, spark, and air and if it still didn't run throw up their hands in disbelief and walk away. Of course not because we are not talking about just lighting a camp fire.

There are 5 things you must have for an internal combustion engine to run.
Fuel (gasoline), source of ignition (spark), air (oxygen), compression (if very low, won't run), and TIMING. If the events of fuel, spark, air intake, and compression are not timed correctly it ain't running.

Kubasaki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have followed this thread and the one item I have not seen mentioned is the Emergency Fuel Cutout switch. There could be a loose connection or defective switch. I would bypass or replace this switch.

OP
OP
JarheadJohn

JarheadJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have followed this thread and the one item I have not seen mentioned is the Emergency Fuel Cutout switch. There could be a loose connection or defective switch. I would bypass or replace this switch.
I know of no such thing on a Ram truck and this is my 3rd one.

My Ford work vans have that though.

OP
OP
JarheadJohn

JarheadJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Finally got a decent scan tool delivered. I was getting P0113, P0123, and P0222 codes. All relating to throttle position sensor, intake air sensor, and the TPS/IAC circuit voltage being low. With a new throttle body, the only common denominator controlling new sensors was the ECM/PCM.
I currently have it out for testing. Turnaround time is 2 weeks. I’ll post the results of the test when I have it back.

OP
OP
JarheadJohn

JarheadJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a problem with my truck not starting and it was the PCM board. It was cracked. It controlled almost everything. It would crank and not turn over. worth looking into.
DING DING DING!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!
I got the call from SIA Electronics, and my ECM/PCM is unrepairable. Processor is fried. I am now looking for a rebuild/refurb. Any reputable places you have used?

Daniel47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I bought mine from Flagship One. (fs1inc.com).
It needs your truck VIN programmed into it.

ccowan973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought mine from Flagship One. (fs1inc.com).
It needs your truck VIN programmed into it.
How is this working for you?
I'm doing the fuel pump relay bypass from Vertical Vision. But wondering if I should have an ECM/PCM from Flagship One, in the spare parts bin.

ccowan973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wanted to update, the Vertical Vision fuel pump relay bypass kit is tops!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the tip/reminder. I just ordered replacement relays from ebay (for the TPMS board). Looks like an easy solder job and mines got high miles.