Let's see those off-road bumpers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
I wasn't sure if there was a thread started but figured I'd start one. I'm interested to see what everyone is riding with. I'll start with mine.

4cbfccdc484d4086396b6a8319d5575c.jpg

ecfeb07224d16a4ce9038286250e7cd2.jpg

Go Rhino BR5 front and BR20 rear on a 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowbell_Fever123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you swap to a newer grille? Looks great.

I really wanna see some rear bumpers with dual cutouts. I am buying a chrome replica dual exhaust bumper, but i am expecting that it wont last too long brfore the finish starts to look kinda crappy, wanna see what is out there that I can change to from there.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any trouble putting a 2013+ grill and bumper on your 2012? Planning on doing the same. I assume all the moumting points are the same? Did you have to modify anything? Truck looks good!

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Did you swap to a newer grille? Looks great.

I really wanna see some rear bumpers with dual cutouts. I am buying a chrome replica dual exhaust bumper, but i am expecting that it wont last too long brfore the finish starts to look kinda crappy, wanna see what is out there that I can change to from there.

Yes I did. I've been a fan of the M1 mesh by Smittybilt. It keeps a touch of chrome that can tie into the other chrome accents of the truck. I got lazy about blacking out the chrome on the truck though those rain guards will be leaving soon.

And my rear bumper has the dual exhaust cut outs :p

Any trouble putting a 2013+ grill and bumper on your 2012? Planning on doing the same. I assume all the moumting points are the same? Did you have to modify anything? Truck looks good!

The grill? No. However, each bumper had its own set of challenges. For the rear bumper, the mounting brackets bolted up to the existing holes. I had to grind off the hitch boss because the bumper couldn't be fitted right otherwise.

57802c2511e5f4701e83035171703104.jpg
df285185f87c7abdfaec2a26dd85977c.jpg
945755e080d301400151e8876044ceee.jpg

The two most bothersome things about the installation were dealing with the parking sensors and installing the license plate with the new LED lights and license plate bolts, which are one and the same.

For the front, there are slight changes between models. The frame mounting area is slightly different.

89cc8b39105615b6c72ad409d391e6a0.jpg

Basically, the top right hole is a slotted hole rather than what we have and I believe the stationary one is to the bottom right or left or whatever. Also, where both mounting areas are indentical parallel images of each other, the late model trucks have mirror images of that hole pattern. Also note, I did have to do some drilling but nothing major.

The single most difficult thing was the fitment of the front bumper. To which I'm waiting to hear from Go Rhino on their pointers for improved fitment.

I have a couple of warnings. I lost 2" of lift from my 6" lift after mounting the bumper and winch. Massive wheel rub, since I'm running 35s on 20s on 2" spacers. It's next to impossible to get back. I'm resorting to have custom coil springs that can better support the weight. Next, try to have a good supply of decent mounting hardware. What I got from Go Rhino was incomplete and couldn't handle a lot of torque, i ended up using grade 8 nuts and hex bolts for everything, even to attach the mesh panels and the fog lights.

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Very nice!!

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'd post a pic of my off road bumper, but I don't have it. Lol. Currently saving for the American Expedition front bumper. I like that it retains an almost stock appearance. Would be nice to find a rear bumper which does the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
I'd post a pic of my off road bumper, but I don't have it. Lol. Currently saving for the American Expedition front bumper. I like that it retains an almost stock appearance. Would be nice to find a rear bumper which does the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love "almost" stock looks, like the ARB bumper for the 2500. When I went through my tuner phase, I loved modifying my cars to look like the mods were factory-born.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to divert... Can you take some more pics of the grill? Did you have to use and modify the shell? Do they offer it with black trim vs chrome?

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Not to divert... Can you take some more pics of the grill? Did you have to use and modify the shell? Do they offer it with black trim vs chrome?

You have to modify your existing grille. I used a jig saw to do it but you have to cut out the plastic members going across the grill. You then use clips and nuts to attach it. They only sell the mesh. You could buy one and modify that though.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have to modify your existing grille. I used a jig saw to do it but you have to cut out the plastic members going across the grill. You then use clips and nuts to attach it. They only sell the mesh. You could buy one and modify that though.

That's what I was afraid of... I'm really on the fence with this grill but hate the thought of cutting up my existing one if I end up not liking it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyobigchief