Leveling a 2020 3500 with air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I went to 4 wheel parts after many hours of looking up leveling kits and doing my due diligence as I wanted to level the front of my new 2020 RAM 3500 limited with rear air. I read that there were a few companies that had some kits . So I went and told my sales person (of course I got her town idiot that I learned later) I wanted a leveling kit as I did not want to lift the truck as I am done with that and wanted this truck pretty stock. He proceeded to bring up a couple of kits he said would work, he did it in a timely fashion and didn't hesitate so I figured h knew what he was doing. The Icon kit he bought up was 2.5" dual rate springs for a nice ride but will handle the rough rode of load I put on them, he showed me a nice set of shocks that were a 2.5 reservoir shock. It was a bit more then I had planned to spend but sounded like a nice set up and better ride. I questioned him on the height as that seemed higher then what I had read it needed, he reassured my many times it was all good and the weight of the engine and truck would set level. I questioned him again about the height, he said if if wasn't right they would fix. I have dealt with them on many trucks and jeeps and been happy with everything but the guy I usually deal with has moved on. Well they installed it and it looked like crap, the front was a solid 1.5 inches higher then the rear. I told the sales guy that helped me that I was not happy and it was wrong, of course he knew I was right. Well long story short the asst. and regular manager intervened and are now gong to add a small block and spacer for the air bag to the rear to bring it up. I was not happy about it but didnt want to tear it all back out and go back to stock so I am going to have it a bit higher then I wanted but it should be ok. Going with a 35/12.50/20 tire so that should look decent. I just left my truck as there was no way I was driving it looking like that. I think with the alarm, headreast rear omni 8 screens, front hitch, leveling kit, tires and other miscellaneous stuff it seems like its been in the shop more then I have had it since I bought it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I went to 4 wheel parts after many hours of looking up leveling kits and doing my due diligence as I wanted to level the front of my new 2020 RAM 3500 limited with rear air. I read that there were a few companies that had some kits . So I went and told my sales person (of course I got her town idiot that I learned later) I wanted a leveling kit as I did not want to lift the truck as I am done with that and wanted this truck pretty stock. He proceeded to bring up a couple of kits he said would work, he did it in a timely fashion and didn't hesitate so I figured h knew what he was doing. The Icon kit he bought up was 2.5" dual rate springs for a nice ride but will handle the rough rode of load I put on them, he showed me a nice set of shocks that were a 2.5 reservoir shock. It was a bit more then I had planned to spend but sounded like a nice set up and better ride. I questioned him on the height as that seemed higher then what I had read it needed, he reassured my many times it was all good and the weight of the engine and truck would set level. I questioned him again about the height, he said if if wasn't right they would fix. I have dealt with them on many trucks and jeeps and been happy with everything but the guy I usually deal with has moved on. Well they installed it and it looked like crap, the front was a solid 1.5 inches higher then the rear. I told the sales guy that helped me that I was not happy and it was wrong, of course he knew I was right. Well long story short the asst. and regular manager intervened and are now gong to add a small block and spacer for the air bag to the rear to bring it up. I was not happy about it but didnt want to tear it all back out and go back to stock so I am going to have it a bit higher then I wanted but it should be ok. Going with a 35/12.50/20 tire so that should look decent. I just left my truck as there was no way I was driving it looking like that. I think with the alarm, headreast rear omni 8 screens, front hitch, leveling kit, tires and other miscellaneous stuff it seems like its been in the shop more then I have had it since I bought it.
I'll be honest I got lost about half way through your rant. Rightfully so I'd be pissed too. What is the kit they installed? you started talking about different shock options with reservoirs etc. Ive done a lot of levels / wheel and tire combo's on your truck

OP
OP
Jetact

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I'll be honest I got lost about half way through your rant. Rightfully so I'd be pissed too. What is the kit they installed? you started talking about different shock options with reservoirs etc. Ive done a lot of levels / wheel and tire combo's on your truck

I am sorry. They put a 2.5" dual rate spring on the front with 2.5 Icon reservoir shocks. They ended up having to add a 2" block in the back and air bag spacer. Went with Falken AT 3 285/65/20 tires.

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I am sorry. They put a 2.5" dual rate spring on the front with 2.5 Icon reservoir shocks. They ended up having to add a 2" block in the back and air bag spacer. Went with Falken AT 3 285/65/20 tires.

Right on, did they provide the icon adjustable Front track bar?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yes I did get the adjustable track bar. It does look good and ride really nice so overall I am happy with what was done. It was not what I originally wanted but came out ok.

Cool, it was done properly just not enough experience with the end result. They made it right and you're happy so that is all that matters. It is an awesome kit you did not skimp out

OP
OP
Jetact

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Cool, it was done properly just not enough experience with the end result. They made it right and you're happy so that is all that matters. It is an awesome kit you did not skimp out

Yes with this being my first Ram I am not very familiar with how these trucks react to lifts and various items. My last 4 trucks were Fords. I have 1,300 miles on the truck and am pleased with it so far. Love the power as I towed a 14,000 lb trailer of rock over the mountain last weekend to our vacation house and it did far better then my last F-350.