lift my 12?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamOnTheRock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
found a good deal on local buy and sell for $550 for a 6" rcx lift. thoughts and anything to watch out for?

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have rough country

But setting aside the obvious things like the shocks or any springs that come with the different kits....what is it in particular that everyone complains about when they’re trashing rough country kits?

JW because this guy could get the kit for around $500 and when he’s tired of the shocks he could always upgrade and still come in under the cost of say a BDS, Zone or ProComp etc.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know most people don't have too many issues, even though overall it's a cheaper looking kit from a materials and quality standpoint. The finish leaves a bit to be desired and I've had welds break on both strut spacers and the front sway bar links are whack. Minor stuff for most people I suppose. Although you already mentioned springs, it'll cost at least a couple hundred bucks I would say to ditch the rear spacers for longer springs from a different kit...but that's just me, it is definitely a killer deal. Just make sure it's from a 2012, as it changed that year.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Personally, I'm kinda twitchy about used suspension parts no matter who's name is on them. A little bit of unnoticable tweak can fsck up a bunch of very expensive rubber. Or worse cause vehicle instability.

I would be asking the seller why so cheap? Did the lift come off a wrecked truck or did he just do an upgrade. Did the guy drive his truck on the road all the time? Maybe a little off road for hunting/fishing/camping? Did he beat it like he stole it playing offroad? Make sure all the parts are with it and are the correct parts for the lift kit you want.

And I swear by Rancho, by the way. Have used them on two full-size Bronco's, a 98 RAM 2500, and (soon) on a 12 RAM 2500...

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have rough country

But setting aside the obvious things like the shocks or any springs that come with the different kits....what is it in particular that everyone complains about when they’re trashing rough country kits?

JW because this guy could get the kit for around $500 and when he’s tired of the shocks he could always upgrade and still come in under the cost of say a BDS, Zone or ProComp etc.
I have a rough country 6 on my truck I haven't had any trouble in the 14k I've driven on it. Probably add steering damper but all 6" lifts need that cause they don't make stabilizers for 4th gen. I've gone 4 Wheeling heck just this weekend no problems. All lifts break, shocks wears, etc. I bought the full kit and I'm good for my one day a week fishing excursions, my truck handles the sand and mud, and trails fine for me I'm not driving 55 when I'm 4x4n24432bf1f71d8e499d59d8fd3a8868a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk