Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can anyone give me any feedback on the lift I took some pics of on this f150. From what I was told it's a 6" trail master lift. I wasn't sure what pics and parts to get so I just took what I could.

Thx

20210419_100249.jpg

20210419_100256.jpg

20210419_100258.jpg

20210419_100309.jpg

20210419_100340.jpg

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can get more or better pics or description if need be I just don't know what to ask or look for.

My concern is I know nothing about lifts and I'm interested in the truck. I don't know what to think about durability longevity of the lift or the parts around it.

Thx

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You know you're on a Ram site right?

Yeah and I have a ram on order and why I joined the site but with shutdowns I might not get the Ram for months and there is no timeline whatsoever so i have to look around for a truck due to my position.

If wrong section move thread I guess I just tried here cause my ram is 4th Gen and this is the lifted section so I was familiar with it.

Thx

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought my Ram had alot of rust lol

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah and I have a ram on order and why I joined the site but with shutdowns I might not get the Ram for months and there is no timeline whatsoever so i have to look around for a truck due to my position.

If wrong section move thread I guess I just tried here cause my ram is 4th Gen and this is the lifted section so I was familiar with it.

Thx

I'm not upset - just most of us probably aren't going to be experts at the nuances of Ford parts.

That said, most vehicles share a lot of common parts and a lot of us have been around more than just one brand of truck so here's what I can offer:

Parts-wise it looks like pretty standard for a suspension spacer lift... cast steel knuckles, front diff drop, leaf spring blocks in back. They're not high performance (don't increase suspension performance over stock) but do provide elevation so if you're not going hard off road it'll be about as durable as stock with more ground clearance. I don't see anything wrong with it obvious in the photos, nothing looks like it's been neglected.

As a long time resident of the West any amount of rust terrifies me but none of that looks like cancer. Might want to address it now though if you wind up owning that truck so it doesn't progress.

Anyway looks like a cool enough truck, if everything else ticks all the boxes you need 'em to and the price works I don't think anything in that suspension would put me off from buying it.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not upset - just most of us probably aren't going to be experts at the nuances of Ford parts.

That said, most vehicles share a lot of common parts and a lot of us have been around more than just one brand of truck so here's what I can offer:

Parts-wise it looks like pretty standard for a suspension spacer lift... cast steel knuckles, front diff drop, leaf spring blocks in back. They're not high performance (don't increase suspension performance over stock) but do provide elevation so if you're not going hard off road it'll be about as durable as stock with more ground clearance. I don't see anything wrong with it obvious in the photos, nothing looks like it's been neglected.

As a long time resident of the West any amount of rust terrifies me but none of that looks like cancer. Might want to address it now though if you wind up owning that truck so it doesn't progress.

Anyway looks like a cool enough truck, if everything else ticks all the boxes you need 'em to and the price works I don't think anything in that suspension would put me off from buying it.

Thank you I appreciate your reply.

As for the lift the guy does not go offroading but is a farmer and at work is all dirt and gravel. As for myself I will never go offroading so that's not a problem. I'm not buying the truck due to the lift wheels and tires it's for the configuration which is super hard to find right now.