Lifted, and still garaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I took that antenna off long ago.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 inch BDS with 37's here. I had to swap to a low profile antenna to get in my 7 ft garage. It was an incline to pull in which helped. Garage door sagged slightly lower than the opening and I would always bump it. Backed out too fast one morning and ripped the garage door off the tracks on the side. Small crack in my third brake light and a big old scratch in the roof. I've knocked a sign in a parking garage before too. Just bought a demo home and it was a decline into the garage this time and there was no way the truck was fitting. Had the builder extend to 8 ft doors and all good now.

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Had the builder extend to 8 ft doors and all good now.

that's on my list, but it's a $5k project since I have 2 garage doors. Replace both sets of door panels, extend it, and fix whatever siding issues arise. The new panels are the expensive part

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that's on my list, but it's a $5k project since I have 2 garage doors. Replace both sets of door panels, extend it, and fix whatever siding issues arise. The new panels are the expensive part
Yup, that's what it cost us. Easier to finance in with the home loan that after the fact. Builder was trying to talk me out of it until I told him it was a deal breaker.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
our house is already built, so now it's a mod.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Mine sits outside everyday. Rain, ice, dust and bird crap lol. Till she makes me more money she can keep her ass parked outside :anitoof:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have the 7" Maxtrac with 37" Nittos and I fit in my garage lol ...by maybe 2" no more than 3" ... I will take a picture later and post it... I am so damn happy now ! Summer is coming and being able to keep her inside during the scorching California summer heat is going to keep the paint just like new !

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I have the 7" Maxtrac with 37" Nittos and I fit in my garage lol ...by maybe 2" no more than 3" ... I will take a picture later and post it... I am so damn happy now ! Summer is coming and being able to keep her inside during the scorching California summer heat is going to keep the paint just like new !

so... about that picture.....

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just rebuilt my garage. 15ft high ceilings, two floors, and a lift. Actually built it for under $1500 not counting the lift

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Here are the pictures of how much clearance i have ...

e199309935e5b30d9146cc4383b9cbd7.jpg262176af1520577295f8630d442d6445.jpg92c5f87515729209a4c9f33c097525f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just noticed you're 2wd. I don't know how the suspension differs on a 2wd vs 4wd. I just can't see a 7" lift still fitting in my garage.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It’s just simple math ... What you’re at + What you add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s just simple math ... What you’re at + What you add

Right but exactly how much will a lift plus some adjustable front struts plus the differences in tire heights add...it might be slightly different from truck to truck and setup to setup.

And when you’re talking about getting close to a garage door and small tolerances then I see how it might be questionable at times for some guys.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Right but exactly how much will a lift plus some adjustable front struts plus the differences in tire heights add...it might be slightly different from truck to truck and setup to setup.

And when you’re talking about getting close to a garage door and small tolerances then I see how it might be questionable at times for some guys.

It will be different from truck to truck ... That’s why you measure YOUR truck ... So then when you add a 4” lift in the front, with Bils set at 1.4”, the front will go up 5.4” ... YOUR front + 5.4” ... Then you put the 3” rear springs on ... YOUR rear + 3” ... Then you take the 33’s off and add 35’s ... Add 1” to the front AND rear ... Yes you can get actual tire dims if you wanna be that precise ... Again, it’s YOUR truck, plus what you add ... Everybody’s will be a lil different ... Not much, but enough to make it worth measuring ... Get the front and the tire size figured out first ... Then figure out how much rake YOU want ... Then decide on the rear lift ... That’s why they make different size rear springs and spacers for the same lift in front

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
It will be different from truck to truck ... That’s why you measure YOUR truck ... So then when you add a 4” lift in the front, with Bils set at 1.4”, the front will go up 5.4” ... YOUR front + 5.4” ... Then you put the 3” rear springs on ... YOUR rear + 3” ... Then you take the 33’s off and add 35’s ... Add 1” to the front AND rear ... Yes you can get actual tire dims if you wanna be that precise ... Again, it’s YOUR truck, plus what you add ... Everybody’s will be a lil different ... Not much, but enough to make it worth measuring ... Get the front and the tire size figured out first ... Then figure out how much rake YOU want ... Then decide on the rear lift ... That’s why they make different size rear springs and spacers for the same lift in front

that's not exactly true. Lots of people put bils in at 2.2 and get more than 2.8" lift. Now, the spindle lifts are different. You should get what you put in.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So every truck with a 4” lift (procomp, bds, etc.) with achieve the exact same lift?

I’ve also seen examples of slight variance in actual height achieved with 2.1 bils etc.

Tires also don’t give the exact height from manufacturer website when mounted with vehicle weight on them.

And some people don’t know it all the way you do so they come here to ask and get input. Especially when like I said, we might be dealing with a small tolerance in garage door clearance.

I get your point but there’s a few variable at play that could make a difference for some guys that’s all.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
that's not exactly true. Lots of people put bils in at 2.2 and get more than 2.8" lift. Now, the spindle lifts are different. You should get what you put in.

No, it may not be exactly true, but it’s pretty damn close ... Close enough for “planning” ... At 0.7” 1.4” and 2.1” that I’ve had my Bils set at, it’s been just about spot on