Lifter tick and check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was told by an FCA tech about checking the top of the motor for a screen that may potentially have metal flakes there and to take pictures before taking to the dealership. He said that if the metal is in that screen, they will replace the motor since it means there's aluminum everywhere. Does anyone have any idea where this is located? I'll have my brother do the check once I have an idea where to search for it and then we'll document our findings before taking it in for service.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow, new info to me. Can't help you but I am fascinated if this exists.

Have you seen the lubrication tick threads at all? If the dealer doesn't help, perhaps I can, let me know if they deny you. We have a 80% success rate at killing lifter tick with a solid science additive or high performance oil, your choice.

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We put MOBIL 1 (6quarts) and 1 quart Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. Tick gone immediately. The sound and smoothness of the motor is night and day difference.

OP
OP
stateofdade

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm starting to think it's a bolt issue because I just changed out the oil with AMS and Liqi-Moli a week ago and it's just as loud at startup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54