Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi does anyone know where I can find a 40 inch curved single row black lightbar? What I mean by black is the actual bezel or whatever you want to call it inside is black. I can find them in curved and in black but not both at the same time. I want it for my 14 sport bumper.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think roughcountry.com has them both curved and with a darkened front cosmetic (on the same unit) - not sure if it is the same kind of black you meant

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they do but only in 30 or 50 inch for some reason. If you go 40 you have to go dual row.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
For **** sake now I want one, suddenly all I can think about is how my truck will be so much better in our post apocalyptic world with that light bar lighting the way, possibly even saving all of humanity.

Yours too might even be able to save humanity. Dooh, nope, yours is a 1500 nevermind.

Lol, I'm totally kidding, sincerely. My wife would have to push mine because too many gas stations will be closed. It would be hard to save anything with what may look like Satan pushing my truck.

If I just had that light......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one for ya, probably one of the best if not the best light manu for LED off road.

https://www.rigidlightshop.com/p-34...lack-spot-rds-sr-series-rigid-industries.aspx

Rigid lights are sic, I would probably have to sell my truck to by a 40" Rigid. I have a 10" on another toy and it is incredible. But it would pale in comparison to that bad boy.

Hope ya get it, ;)

I'm kinda in the same boat as you! I would absolutely love that one but I'd end up carrying it around and making motor noises. Cause my truck would definitely have to go...

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Damn $1400 for a lightbar?

:jawdrop:
Yeah, isn't that just wild? I couldn't believe the numbers when I first went after Rigid. It's not just that model either, any Rigid light is like that.

I got a stomp'n deal on a second hand but brand new 10", usually around $375 to $450, I threw $75 at it, dude didn't know what he was selling and nobody else saw the post (not here) or knew what it was, **** never rolls that way for me, but I'd have paid dble that, even 2.5x that but 5x, ehh far less to be excited about. I was giddy and my wife just thought I was a complete nutbag.

I can say there are many impressive qualities about a Rigid. I've messed with five or six different manu's of lights and they all seem very similar, and a couple just sucked, other than that I couldn't really tell them apart. But Rigid, You can pick out a Rigid, light off, at a glance from distance, then the light comes on, wow.

I was full of "whatever it's a f light bar", but I was converted before I even saw it on. they are just first class every detail, with output that outshines (ha), with substantially lower power draw (their claim, I haven't measured power draw, but I'll believe em til it's proven to be b.s., because I like the idea for sure).

Ok I coulda just said this; my single row 10" Rigid combo has better output,( brighter, more accurate color temp and much more focused beam patterns), then my two single row 20" combos.

The two 20s were stacked and powered on together!

The 20s were selected from a group of five that I compared, they won their group, handily. mid-grade 20s, but still killed by a 10"?

With all that slobn on, I think of all the the cool crap I could get for my truck or a single light bar, and I think "damn, $1400 for a light bar", I hear ya man, it's crazy, and I don't mean to discourage OP, because you will f love your Rigid if you roll that way.

I hear Blackoak are badass ass well. I did not look for OPs light from them but its possible at (guessing) maybe 75% of the Rigid, still doesn't quite get me there....... yet. Maybe right after Carli and Whipple. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heh, people want specialty parts... well that's specialty prices :) Plenty of regular lights available for commodity prices.
Isn't that the truth. But who doesn't want a specialty part for a cheap price?

GA_RAM17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My rigid 40" curved has black housing, its the Midnight Edition RDS Series PRO $1,700

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn $1400 for a lightbar?

:jawdrop:
Yeah, that’s just downright ignorant right there, no matter how much anybody tries to justify it.
I was actually looking for the exact same thing as the OP (40”, single row, black bezel), and I ended up settling on this one-https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-42In...p+Lamp,2+Years+Warranty&qid=1585240705&sr=8-7
I’ll take my chances with this one, and if it fails, I’ll can replace it 20 times over before I would ever touch the price of that rigid bar.
This one, I took apart and color matched everything for max steel metallic.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, that’s just downright ignorant right there, no matter how much anybody tries to justify it.
I was actually looking for the exact same thing as the OP (40”, single row, black bezel), and I ended up settling on this one-https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-42Inch-Combo-Driving-Warranty/dp/B01MY1W7AO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Nilight+71014C-A+Curved+42"+240W+Spot+Flood+Combo+High+Power+LED+Bar+Off+Road+Fog+Driving+Work+Lights+for+SUV+Boat+Jeep+Lamp,2+Years+Warranty&qid=1585240705&sr=8-7
I’ll take my chances with this one, and if it fails, I’ll can replace it 20 times over before I would ever touch the price of that rigid bar.
This one, I took apart and color matched everything for max steel metallic.
Hey thanks for that! I really wanted a single row but it's looking like I'll either have to settle for a 30 inch or a double row 40 inch. I guess we can't always have exactly what we want. But that's awesome that you painted it! I might have to try that.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey thanks for that! I really wanted a single row but it's looking like I'll either have to settle for a 30 inch or a double row 40 inch. I guess we can't always have exactly what we want. But that's awesome that you painted it! I might have to try that.
How bout two 20s? Not exactly what your looking for I know but that config opens up a lot of possibilities also. I like to be able to cut my power level in half it when not needing it all, also follow your bumper line better then a straight long bar. Even offers a couple additional mounting options in the bumper.

A bit more of an install for sure, but you could keep the single row with the two twenties. And I agree with you the single row is a priority spec, almost a must have, for me any way, Double rows are Yuge, I tried a double row top side of my bumper, mmmm no, my truck did not look happy.

But that one Jimmy07 posted looks pretty nice, price is right, Jimmy07 do you have a pic or st your convenience? I might jump on one of those 42s also

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How bout two 20s? Not exactly what your looking for I know but that config opens up a lot of possibilities also. I like to be able to cut my power level in half it when not needing it all, also follow your bumper line better then a straight long bar. Even offers a couple additional mounting options in the bumper.

A bit more of an install for sure, but you could keep the single row with the two twenties. And I agree with you the single row is a priority spec, almost a must have, for me any way, Double rows are Yuge, I tried a double row top side of my bumper, mmmm no, my truck did not look happy.

But that one Jimmy07 posted looks pretty nice, price is right, Jimmy07 do you have a pic or st your convenience? I might jump on one of those 42s also

I thought of that but I'm not sure how well it'd work. I don't know if there's a very good place to mount to in the middle of the bumper (where the two light bars would meet). Also I like the look of just one solid bar. If you get it curved it actually follows the bumper fairly well.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I thought of that but I'm not sure how well it'd work. I don't know if there's a very good place to mount to in the middle of the bumper (where the two light bars would meet). Also I like the look of just one solid bar. If you get it curved it actually follows the bumper fairly well.
Agree with you on the sleeker one piece look, the curved 42 is Def worth trying on, for $60 if you don't like it you can find something to use it for, also I think I had tried a three row that was so big, I remember it looked like the set on the left not the right. e803357169d8cf7af422baf91542da76.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I don’t have any pics installed yet. I’ve got 5 different projects going at once on my truck that all kind of tie together, and one of them is swapping out the bumper for the one with fog light openings, so I’m waiting to wrap it all up in one shot.
@Jarin, one thing to keep in mind on that light bar I linked is, it’s 42”, and I have a 2500, and it completely fills the opening. I’m not sure how that’s going to translate on a 1500 (if that’s what you have), as I’m not familiar with the 1500 bumper opening dimensions.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have any pics installed yet. I’ve got 5 different projects going at once on my truck that all kind of tie together, and one of them is swapping out the bumper for the one with fog light openings, so I’m waiting to wrap it all up in one shot.
@Jarin, one thing to keep in mind on that light bar I linked is, it’s 42”, and I have a 2500, and it completely fills the opening. I’m not sure how that’s going to translate on a 1500 (if that’s what you have), as I’m not familiar with the 1500 bumper opening dimensions.
Yeah 42 inch is perfect in a sport bumper. I have it on the way:) I figure it's so cheap if I hate it I'll just put it on one of the junkers sitting around my place

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the expensive vs. cheap thing, it's like saying why would you buy a $60k loaded Power Wagon when you could buy four Nissan Versas for that money.

Money's different for everyone, I'm not in the $1400 light bar income bracket but it's cool someone makes products for people who carry that around in their pocket. Maybe it's just a status symbol but I'm betting there are objective ways it's better than a $57 light bar too.

I have two sets of these on my Ram when I could have bought something like this instead.. they're not a status symbol I'm sure nobody thinks anything at all about them but there's a pretty big difference in performance and a huge difference in build quality.

Last edited: