Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why don’t you check out Rough Country’s S&D store on eBay. The bars are deeply discounted. I bought a bar for my bumper and pods for the hood from them. Shipping is pretty quick. Both items looked and worked flawlessly.
a1594eb84d3e17cdb469dd050248ce18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don’t you check out Rough Country’s S&D store on eBay. The bars are deeply discounted. I bought a bar for my bumper and pods for the hood from them. Shipping is pretty quick. Both items looked and worked flawlessly.
a1594eb84d3e17cdb469dd050248ce18.jpg

Very nice truck man!:favorites13: I'll definitely give that a look. And by the way which grille is that?

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice truck man!:favorites13: I'll definitely give that a look. And by the way which grille is that?

RC grill. Major PITA to install. Should have went with the grill in the pic below, but They don’t make it in white (don’t like the night edition look), not a fan of the “raptor” lights and I couldn’t find the letters for it.

3ac91e186a200bc84abcfabefbd753f7.jpg

RC makes some 6” bars that fit in the grill itself. Looks very clean.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same here, I bought mine from RC scratch and dent too and it was flawless, found one tiny nick on the back less than 1/4".

The 30” single row is plenty for me, I like that it’s somewhat hidden.

4C4AE7D6-DABE-4118-B3AF-F156A5D4ADB6.jpeg

ED72CA5C-BFD7-41FC-8CE4-D236BF9F5D2E.jpeg

5A12452B-B832-4B1A-A8DB-47310726C304.jpeg

F148C3C5-5D9F-4F4B-BD0C-CCA4FE86FAE4.jpeg

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RC grill. Major PITA to install. Should have went with the grill in the pic below, but They don’t make it in white (don’t like the night edition look), not a fan of the “raptor” lights and I couldn’t find the letters for it.

3ac91e186a200bc84abcfabefbd753f7.jpg

RC makes some 6” bars that fit in the grill itself. Looks very clean.

What made it tough to install?

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What made it tough to install?

Drilling the holes in the grill shell and getting the insert to bend to the shape. The insert is pretty rigid and flat and does not bend that easy. AGS makes it a tight fit as well with the bar, but it does fit.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drilling the holes in the grill shell and getting the insert to bend to the shape. The insert is pretty rigid and flat and does not bend that easy. AGS makes it a tight fit as well with the bar, but it does fit.

Oh I hear ya! The only way I've seen it done is with little hooks that hook on your shell... No drilling required

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh I hear ya! The only way I've seen it done is with little hooks that hook on your shell... No drilling required

I saw a video like that. Thought it would be easy. I probably refit the insert 2 or 3 times to get it flush with the shell. It’s friggin hard.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck never goes off road but looking at this thread is making me want to add some lights... Alas only have 30" between the tow hooks.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn $1400 for a lightbar?

:jawdrop:
You could just about buy a set of Longtubes and custom exhaust for that price of a damn light bar lol. They are really good though. I had 4 of the 4” pods on the front of my truck but were stolen off the truck, dammit. Those things were super bright and great for the ice roads!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could just about buy a set of Longtubes and custom exhaust for that price of a damn light bar lol. They are really good though. I had 4 of the 4” pods on the front of my truck but were stolen off the truck, dammit. Those things were super bright and great for the ice roads!

Yes, that’s what I paid for all 4 of my fuel 20x10 wheels lol

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
This is kind of changing the subject but has anyone tried these fogs? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082XQT9WV/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_QvbFEb67CF17H
I want them for the looks but I don't want them if they're not as bright or brighter than my factory fogs with hikari led bulbs in them.

Wow, those look pretty cool. Where the F where they last year when I was redoing my fogs...! I wonder if they are any brighter than the stocks? I would LOVE to see them make a amber version of these for snow-fogs.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, those look pretty cool. Where the F where they last year when I was redoing my fogs...! I wonder if they are any brighter than the stocks? I would LOVE to see them make a amber version of these for snow-fogs.
I know they look awesome! The reviews on Amazon are sorta mixed but one or two of them said they shone way out past the low beams. Which isn't saying that much if they're still on factory halogen bulbs but whatever.

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I know they look awesome! The reviews on Amazon are sorta mixed but one or two of them said they shone way out past the low beams. Which isn't saying that much if they're still on factory halogen bulbs but whatever.

Yea, Amazon reviews are hard to follow on anything. “WORST EVER”, next one is “BEST LIGHTS EVER MADE”, next one is “DON’T FIT”.... LOL! 1/2 of these JACKWAGONS don’t know how to work a screwdriver thingy, so reading their reviews are rough.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, Amazon reviews are hard to follow on anything. “WORST EVER”, next one is “BEST LIGHTS EVER MADE”, next one is “DON’T FIT”.... LOL! 1/2 of these JACKWAGONS don’t know how to work a screwdriver thingy, so reading their reviews are rough.
Exactly:banghead::happy107: maybe I'll just order them and try them and if I hate then I can just return them.

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my nilight 42 inch today and I actually love how it looks! Haven't fired it up yet so don't know how bright it is but not complaining about the looks!20200330_202902.jpg

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Looks great! Oh, that’s going to be bright enough to light up 1/2 of a Monday night football game. ;)

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! Oh, that’s going to be bright enough to light up 1/2 of a Monday night football game. ;)
I sure hope:) now I just need to get those fogs. I think I'm going to wire the bar with a 3 position switch and have one of the options be to come on with my high beams. I hate turning on the low beams and then reaching for a switch yet.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I sure hope:) now I just need to get those fogs. I think I'm going to wire the bar with a 3 position switch and have one of the options be to come on with my high beams. I hate turning on the low beams and then reaching for a switch yet.
Any chance to get it config the way you want with the wiring? How bout fogs? I know it's only been a week, just curious.
It looks nice on the truck, If you ever think about it when it's dark shoot a couple pics of light performance. I'd be very interested in how it throws light down the road.
No biggie, no hurry tia

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jarin

Jarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance to get it config the way you want with the wiring? How bout fogs? I know it's only been a week, just curious.
It looks nice on the truck, If you ever think about it when it's dark shoot a couple pics of light performance. I'd be very interested in how it throws light down the road.
No biggie, no hurry tia

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes I got it wired the way I wanted and I love it! I've never owned a light bar before so I don't know what's normal but if I'm being honest its not as bright as I thought a 42 inch would be. But obviously it cost me 67 dollars so for the price it's awesome! If you turn it on by it's self it's about as bright as a good set of headlights I'd say. I have LED bulbs in all my stock lights so they're already really bright... But if I turn it on with high beams the only difference I see is i get more light in the ditches and higher intensity right in front of the truck. I'll see if I can get some pictures some time! As for the fog lights I've decided by now that I want them to be really bright and spot so I can get further down the road. So I'm going to try to open the factory fogs, buy some rigid midnight edition cubes, and put them in there. I'll paint everything black so they'll have the dark look while still being super bright. I'm hoping it works! If not I'll have to try something else.