Lightning Cable question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2010 Ram 1500.

In the glove box there is a old ( 30 pin ) ipod cable that plugs into the truck. this looks like a stock item.

2 things

- do they make a cable for the new lightning cable.

- is there any way to have it charge the device while its plugged in ?

The cable that is there plays my ipod but it does not charge it. I want to get a new ipod and they only come with the lightning cable now.

is this cable available somewhere

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Trace the cable out of the glove box and you might find that it goes to a regular USB port that you could just plug a lightning cable into. There was a USB plug just to the side of the radios under the dash and that 30 pin might be going to it.

OP
OP
C

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
30 pin to 8 pin ?

then how do i connect that to a lightning usb cable ?

Dodge does not offer a new ipod cable yet ???

OP
OP
C

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks, i had one and it works

it does not charge so it dies in a few days and needs charging.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also have a 2010 slt and I am having similar issues only I want to plug either my galaxy s4 or a usb flash drive in. I tried looking for the "hidden usb port on the res radios" and so far it appears I don't have it. does the 16 pin ipod connector really go to a different usb port inside the truck that I could just plug an adapter for either device?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Or if I could find an adaptor for either device to connect to the ipod connection could that also work?