Load Range D Tires on Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I do appreciate all the info but I’m probably more confused now than before. I did air down this morning to 50psi all the way around and it seemed a little better actually. I’m not sure how much vibration I should have if any at all.

Also gonna have to research the chalk test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wait..... you have a 2500?

And your are running 45 in the front!

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Nope 3500, but I run 45 on the front and it’s nice and happy there

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So here's the difference in weight rating between the Duratracs and the Cooper Maxx
Duratrac D.JPG
Cooper E.JPG

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
After doing a lot of reading this morning I've seen that alot of guys are only running between 50-60psi unloaded. I rarely do any towing. I'm thinking of running the rears at 50 and the fronts at 60 and just dealing with the tpms light, unless I can change it with alfaobd once it donwloaded.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's no problem with running 50 to 60 psi unloaded. The problem is if you then load it up and don't pump the tyres back up to 80.

Thats why the dealers can't lower the tpms threshold, otherwise somebody would have an accident then sue the dealer because they weren't warned by the truck that the pressures were too low.....

These days nobody wants to take responsibility for their mistakes, its always someone else's fault so let's sue them....

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There's no problem with running 50 to 60 psi unloaded. The problem is if you then load it up and don't pump the tyres back up to 80.

Thats why the dealers can't lower the tpms threshold, otherwise somebody would have an accident then sue the dealer because they weren't warned by the truck that the pressures were too low.....

These days nobody wants to take responsibility for their mistakes, its always someone else's fault so let's sue them....

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

When I’m daily driving my truck. I run 45front 40 rear. When loaded with my smaller trailer. I’ll run 45 front and 60 rear, if I’m pulling my bigger trailer. Then depending what’s inside it weight wise 45 front and 65-70 rear typically. I have been a bad boy and had 5500lbs in the back of my truck and left the rear tires at 50lbs. I took it super easy coming home (had to go 20 miles after picking up an unexpected load of stone from Lowes)

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When I’m daily driving my truck. I run 45front 40 rear. When loaded with my smaller trailer. I’ll run 45 front and 60 rear, if I’m pulling my bigger trailer. Then depending what’s inside it weight wise 45 front and 65-70 rear typically. I have been a bad boy and had 5500lbs in the back of my truck and left the rear tires at 50lbs. I took it super easy coming home (had to go 20 miles after picking up an unexpected load of stone from Lowes)

I guess at this point I need to decide if I need to get and E tire or not. I really don't tow much and if i do it's not heavy.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I guess at this point I'm trying to decide if I need to decide if I need to get and E tire or not. I really don't tow much and if i do it's not heavy.

Due to the weight of the overall truck you would be better going with the E.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nope 3500, but I run 45 on the front and it’s nice and happy there

Interesting,

If I chalk test I need 65 at the front with 285/75/18 Toyo MTs. And these are stiff tires to. Over 4000 pound rating.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Interesting,

If I chalk test I need 65 at the front with 285/75/18 Toyo MTs. And these are stiff tires to. Over 4000 pound rating.

My duratracs I could visually see the outside edge of the tire was off the ground at 60lbs, started touching around 50, and was happy at 45, my transjunk at’s were 50 front and 45 rear

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I even still have them in the basement (still has rubber left but no one will even buy em for $100 [emoji23])

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My duratracs I could visually see the outside edge of the tire was off the ground at 60lbs, started touching around 50, and was happy at 45, my transjunk at’s were 50 front and 45 rear

Im Sure a lot of it must depend on the specific tire and how it is made. And how well it creates a nice footprint.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Im Sure a lot of it must depend on the specific tire and how it is made. And how well it creates a nice footprint.

Oh yeah for sure, no two tires are the same really. Between construction, plys, and design all play into it. When I had my Tacoma (which from tacomaworld is where I learned this) it was actually scary how low the tires had to be to run with the tire even on the surface in the bfgoodrich rugged trails

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Oh yeah for sure, no two tires are the same really. Between construction, plys, and design all play into it. When I had my Tacoma (which from tacomaworld is where I learned this) it was actually scary how low the tires had to be to run with the tire even on the surface in the bfgoodrich rugged trails

I understand completely my old ranger I was running 32/11.50/15’s. BFGKM2’s. I was basically at 28 pounds in the front and 24 rear.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The stock duratracs on my power wagon did not look overinflated at all with max psi of 65. I ran them at 60psi in the front and 48 in the back and they had a nice size bulge. These trucks are just flat out heavy.

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI if you call nitto and give them your truck specs they will tell you your recommended P..S.I.also anybody that spends anytime on this forum should now how to deal with there TPMS.very easy fix

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
FYI if you call nitto and give them your truck specs they will tell you your recommended P..S.I.also anybody that spends anytime on this forum should now how to deal with there TPMS.very easy fix

I guess I haven’t spent enough time yet because I don’t know the fix

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do a quick search .there is a couple of ways to do it,i rented a tool from a member 4x4x4 guy I believe his name is.50$ for a one time rental .works great ,I run my nittos at around 50 p.s.i unless I am towing

OP
OP
Bennutts

Bennutts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think my biggest issue now is going to be if I do end up pulling something am I gonna be ok to do it with these D rated tires. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd be pulling anything very heavy in the near future.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think my biggest issue now is going to be if I do end up pulling something am I gonna be ok to do it with these D rated tires. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd be pulling anything very heavy in the near future.

If you want to get an idea. Look up the specs on a power wagon, more then likely unless your trailer is going to have a lot of tongue weight you’ll be fine, even with my 3500, very rarely I do I have over 1000-1500 lbs of tongue weight from my trailer