Locker Bypass Installed: Abel Components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you guys are bothered by the function of your lockers (takes forever to engage/want to use them in 4hi or 2wd) and you want to keep the factory switch, the Abel Components bypass is what you need.

I installed mine a while back, it's pretty easy. There's more info on a different forum, but this video should cover pretty much everything.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Good post, I've been wanting one of these for awhile definitely on my short list of must haves

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. I rarely use the lockers, but when I do it sure ****** me the hell off at how long it takes for them to engage. Ridiculous!

Thanks for the video!

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Paid my invoice today for the locker bypass. Very excited to have this set up finally. Wanted it for a long time. Anyone else install this set up? I will be adding the swaybar bypass also. A member here sold me his uninstalled swaybar kit. True gentleman that @ALRedneck is.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info and vid! Another goodie to add to the list...

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you guys are bothered by the function of your lockers (takes forever to engage/want to use them in 4hi or 2wd) and you want to keep the factory switch, the Abel Components bypass is what you need.

I installed mine a while back, it's pretty easy. There's more info on a different forum, but this video should cover pretty much everything.

Nice video. Thanks. I had one question. I'm in the process of installing mine now and I'm having a devil of a time getting that control box attached to the fender rail. How did you do that? I really don't want to pull the airbox, but I guess I may have to. Thanks for any help you could offer.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice video. Thanks. I had one question. I'm in the process of installing mine now and I'm having a devil of a time getting that control box attached to the fender rail. How did you do that? I really don't want to pull the airbox, but I guess I may have to. Thanks for any help you could offer.
If you are asking about the Abel Component, I didn’t mount with the screws. Just took two heavy zip ties and “suspended” it between the air box frame mount. Right now it’s just tucked in between the rail and air box because I had to cut the zips to adjust the boxes sensitivity. But, think you will need to drill some tap holes first and probably hand screw. With the tools I have, that’s what I would need to do.

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I got mine installed this afternoon. I made a bracket over the front fender to hold the box. Back in the fender well is just too hard to get to. It should be dry enough here. I did have a glitch though. I started my truck after the install and it started REALLY slowly (the starter was real slow). Then I noticed that the backup camera and other things on the U-connect screen were gone!! I turned it off, waited, and started again. Everything was fine on this and subsequent starts. I had the negative terminal disconnected during the install. Oh, it also beeped several times when I shut it off that first time. Did I break something? IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0759.JPG IMG_0760.JPG

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’m curious if AlfaOBD or other programming tools can modify any of the parameters of the control logic? E. G. the speed at which the sway bar disconnect re-engages. 17 or so is a stupidly slow speed. If I could raise it to 45 I’d be satisfied with the factory logic.

I’ve found the LSD to be so effective in the PW that it’s rare to need locking up. YMMV

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
nanny kill switch???

Privately-developed kit by same individual making the swaybar and locker kits. Nanny kill disables traction control, electronic stability control and antilock brake systems.

Be like driving a truck from '60s/70s and earlier.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Privately-developed kit by same individual making the swaybar and locker kits. Nanny kill disables traction control, electronic stability control and antilock brake systems.

Be like driving a truck from '60s/70s and earlier.

It basically acts the same as pulling the abs fuse. I gave the guy the idea and was the test dummy for it...works FLAWLESS!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Simply flip a switch when u want to play...then flip it back when you want abs and all the nannie ******** again.

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Simply flip a switch when u want to play...then flip it back when you want abs and all the nannie ******** again.
PXL_20200925_230742153.jpg

I just installed the nanny kill switch and locker bypass switch (I still have to label the switches). I've already tested the locker bypass, but I'm curious to see how driving with the nanny safeties disabled will be.