Lone Star Mopar Fest 10-5-2019 Sign up sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As many of you know the Lone Star Mopar Fest(http://lsmfest.com/) is being held in Baytown, Tx. on 10-4&5-2019. There will be drag racing and a car/truck show on 10-5-2019. I think we should start a sign up sheet so we will know who and how many members are planning to attend. This year they will not guarantee a designated parking area for us and they will not allow any BBQing. I think if we can meet somewhere near the track, before the gates open, and all go in at approximately the same time, we will have a better chance of parking together. Eric Hoe, the Central Texas Chapter President of the Texas Ram Club, has invited us to meet with his group before the gates open and we can go in with his group if we like. We can make a final decision later if that sounds good to everyone. As I understand it, there are two entrances, one for General Admission and one for VIP tickets. If you are going to put your truck in the show I think you need a VIP ticket and you will enter through gate "A". Even if you don't show your truck but have a VIP ticket you still enter through gate "A". We will start another thread about what to bring, whether we want to have a "lunch" somehow without BBQing etc etc. I think we should just keep this thread as a list of attendees. Let me know and I'll add your name to the list.

Name-------------------------------Screen name-----------------Cell phone#

Jay and Barb Spencer ---------------Pull Ya--------------------512-426-0280
Claud McBroom +3 McBroom 903-816-1452

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think they have their own concession stands. Last year our BBQ was a great hit. Claud and group did an outstanding job and we had people from all over coming to check it out.
Jay

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Claud McBroom
McBroom
903/816/1452
I’ll be there with my daughter and maybe my son and his wife.
I’ll bring some bbq in a slow cooker pot. And buns.
Jay y’all can bring the desert and some soft peanut butter cookies.
Everyone bring your own drinks.
Let us know if your coming so I’ll know how much bbq to bring.
Nothing special and not a big spread like last year.
Bring a chair too.

The Blue Mule

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Bump

The Blue Mule

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attached is a map of all the Ram Club pre-meet locations the morning of 10/05/19. Y'all are more than welcome to join us at any of the pre-meet locations that works for you. The most important location is the San Jacinto Mall meet. That will be where all trucks come together to roll in together. We're expecting at least 50 trucks to be rolling from that location.

Houston-Meets.png

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WOW I didn't realize that the host hotel was clear across town--Thanks for the invite Eric, from the response we have had so far on the forum I don't think we'll have but maybe 2 or 3 trucks coming--pretty slim turnout--IMHO.
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not going this year guys, way to busy to take off right now and definitely don't have time to get the truck cleaned and ready.

The VIP parking is a paved parking lot, the general admission parking is in the grass. I will say this, Baytown got ALOT of rain last week so VIP parking might be the way to go.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear that. We were looking forward to seeing you again this year
Jay

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sadly, I cannot make it either.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Well it sounds like it’s just gonna be us Jay.
And it’s not even huntin season yet.

The Blue Mule

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW I didn't realize that the host hotel was clear across town--Thanks for the invite Eric, from the response we have had so far on the forum I don't think we'll have but maybe 2 or 3 trucks coming--pretty slim turnout--IMHO.
Jay

It's the same host hotel they used when the event was in Sealy. Maybe we'll be surprised by some silent lurkers. Never know ;)

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sure hope so. To be truthful I'm real disappointed that more people aren't interested. We had a pretty good group last year and I think everyone had a good time. I guess more and more people are getting busier and busier. This year there are going to be some really fast trucks from all over, it should be really good racing. Matt from Moe's just posted his dyno results from yesterday--his truck is now over 1000 hp and over 1000 tq. IMHO it should be a 9 second truck
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could make it but Ive been working 68hrs a week and just dont have time for truck stuff lately, barely have time to login here.

I look forward to seeing the pics

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sure hope so. To be truthful I'm real disappointed that more people aren't interested. We had a pretty good group last year and I think everyone had a good time. I guess more and more people are getting busier and busier. This year there are going to be some really fast trucks from all over, it should be really good racing. Matt from Moe's just posted his dyno results from yesterday--his truck is now over 1000 hp and over 1000 tq. IMHO it should be a 9 second truck
Jay

I'm wondering if the venue change hurts as well. Sealy was very central to Austin/SA/Houston. Baytown is way on the other side of town.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm wondering if the venue change hurts as well. Sealy was very central to Austin/SA/Houston. Baytown is way on the other side of town.

I bet that has a ton to do with it.
I’m curious as which track is actually the better track...

The Blue Mule

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good willing and the creek don’t rise, I’ll be there!!!

Mike Seale (LoneStarSilver) (361) 741-8145

It sucks that they won’t let us BBQ. I had something planned after what I experienced from last years fantastic food!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the better track is Baytown hands down. I think they prepare the track much better and it's better organized. I agree it's clear across town from Sealy and sometimes driving through Houston is a real pain in the ass. I just wished they would make a few accommodation such as reserved parking for groups and allowing us to BBQ for a group of people. It should be a good day of racing though--I'm looking forward to it.
Jay

Last edited:

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the better track is Baytown hands down. I think they prepare the track much better and it's better organized. I agree it's clear across town from Sealy and sometimes driving through Houston is a real pain in the ass. I just wished they would make a few accommodation such as reserved parking for groups and allowing us to BBQ for a group of people. It should be a good day of racing though--I'm looking forward to it.
Jay

(not to discount LSMF, but...) Maybe we can get a big RF showing at WAM2020 in DFW next year.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know what it takes to get people to leave their computer and participate in some of these get togethers. Eric, you have been really successful in getting great participation from the members of your group. Maybe you have some ideas that will help motivate people. I think we have over a thousand people on this forum that are from Texas. Surely we should be able to have a better turnout. I understand how busy people get with everything going on in peoples lives. I guess maybe being retired kind skews my outlook. We try to give plenty of advanced notice of the different events hoping that maybe people can plan ahead. I look forward to seeing other members and their trucks, it's always nice if you can put a live person with a screen name. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.
Jay

Last edited: