Long Distance Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firedreamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-Liter I6 Cummins
Well it looks like we are going to buy a 2019 Longhorn Dully tomorrow that just happens to be 1200 miles from us here in Oregon. WOW anyway my question is can I buy the mopar Ext warranty anytime after we buy or do i need to roll it into the purchase? we are full time RV travelers and plan on keeping the truck for a long time (till we stop traveling in 6 -8 yrs minimum) so I think the warranty will be worth it. This deal just came up a faster than expected and so I have not had time to investigate the warranty as much as I normally would. Thanks for all your fantastic advice in advance. GREAT FORUM btw

5.jpg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it looks like we are going to buy a 2019 Longhorn Dully tomorrow that just happens to be 1200 miles from us here in Oregon. WOW anyway my question is can I buy the mopar Ext warranty anytime after we buy or do i need to roll it into the purchase? we are full time RV travelers and plan on keeping the truck for a long time (till we stop traveling in 6 -8 yrs minimum) so I think the warranty will be worth it. This deal just came up a faster than expected and so I have not had time to investigate the warranty as much as I normally would. Thanks for all your fantastic advice in advance. GREAT FORUM btw

View attachment 176233

I've never bought a warranty before but I know I've seen it mentioned on here that you can add it after purchase. Great looking truck!

code54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes - If you get it in under a year and 12k it will be a bit cheaper. Look around online and you will find a few dealers selling them at a more reasonable price.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
What I'd recommend you do is go to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ and use the code PAYINFULL to determine what you should pay for a genuine Mopar extended warranty. Show it to the dealer and ask them to match it - which they won't. And then buy it from Zeigler aka Chrysler Factory Plans. Or, if you don't have the funds to pay in full at the time you purchase it from Zeiger, then use the code DAMON to get $150 off the price. Whatever you do, don't roll any of the extended warranty into the loan as you're paying interest on it and basically throwing your money away. A rough estimate from the site for a 2019 Ram 3500 CTD 2 wheel drive with the DAMON discount will get you an 8 year/100,000 mile extended warranty with $100 deductible for $3365 which you can get 12 months of free financing from Zeigler and pay it off over a year interest free.

OP
OP
firedreamer

firedreamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-Liter I6 Cummins
Thanks Northstar, that sounds like A GOOD PLAN

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What I'd recommend you do is go to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ and use the code PAYINFULL to determine what you should pay for a genuine Mopar extended warranty. Show it to the dealer and ask them to match it - which they won't. And then buy it from Zeigler aka Chrysler Factory Plans. Or, if you don't have the funds to pay in full at the time you purchase it from Zeiger, then use the code DAMON to get $150 off the price. Whatever you do, don't roll any of the extended warranty into the loan as you're paying interest on it and basically throwing your money away. A rough estimate from the site for a 2019 Ram 3500 CTD 2 wheel drive with the DAMON discount will get you an 8 year/100,000 mile extended warranty with $100 deductible for $3365 which you can get 12 months of free financing from Zeigler and pay it off over a year interest free.
Wish I knew about this before. UGH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Understood...you just can't beat Zeigler (in my opinion) for their FCA/Mopar or even Ford extended warranties. They've got an FCA and a Ford dealership in Michigan, and pride themselves on price and customer satisfaction. I don't work for them nor do I get anything for this but simply want to help save money for fellow board members. There's nothing I hate more than getting ripped off by a dealer.

I've purchased from them over the last thirteen years and recommended them for friends/coworkers, and they have always been 100% upright in all their transactions. They even have an online cancellation area where you submit your Extended Warranty Contract information whereupon they cancel the warranty and process a refund for those times when you sell, total or trade a vehicle. They're a great bunch to deal with...and I've never had a dealer even offer to match their cost. I pull it up on my iPhone, show the selling dealer Zeigler's price (which is usually 30% to 60% less) and they go into the usual barnyard fodder speech about it not being a FCA/Mopar backed warranty. I show them the site and they immediate tell me they won't match it or even come close to it.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, you can get your warranty anytime after you purchase the truck and through any company that sells them.

I have used the MaxCare warranty on several MOPAR vehicles with good results.

Question: Why buy so far away?

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque

View attachment 176233
Another source for Ram Warranty that I had purchased. I recently purchased Maxcare (Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan ) for my new to me a Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl 2017 2500 Big Horn after trading in my original owner White 2012 ST. If your considering a purchase, I’m posting the following for Clay Robbins. Here it is:

We have bought a new store, so please get my new email out there, [email protected]! Please notify whoever you heard about us that we have sold Zeller Motor Company and will be using Robbins Motors exclusively in the future. Thank you!

It may help you while considering such purchase.

In Liberty!

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Another consideration is the Mopar/FCA extended warranty can be obtained with a Maximum Care Money-Back Guarantee as follows (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/warranty_plans/?plan_id=2019):

DaimlerChrysler Service Contracts new Money Back Guarantee Plan provides you with the best mechanical coverage in the industry for your vehicle. If it's mechanical, it's covered! And if you don't need to use the plan to cover any diagnostic or mechanical repairs during the coverage period (life of the contract), you will receive 100% refund of your Money Back! Guaranteed!

The following requirements must be met:
  • No diagnostics or mechanical repairs are performed during the life of the contract.
  • The customer must be in possession of the plan and vehicle at the time of requesting 100% full refund.
  • The contract must expire by time (should the contract expire by mileage first, the customer must wait for it to expire by time before applying for 100% full refund.
  • Customer submits request within 90 days of expiration.
So you get a full refund at the end of the 5, 6, 7 or 8 year plan that you choose provided you don't have any claims against it. In other words, if the truck is perfect and you have zero issues, you get your "insurance money" back at the end of the term.

And yes, I've heard great things about Clay Robbins...recommend you check out both Zeigler and Robbins for the best deal and then bounce it off the selling dealer to see if they are willing to compete with the price. Do not discuss any of this until you've closed the deal, are in the finance office, and the Finance Manager asks you if you'd be interested in an extended warranty. Let him quote his price first - which will most likely knock your socks off - and then ask him about matching the Zeigler or Robbins price. If he doesn't meet or beat it, then I'd recommend purchasing from Zeigler or Robbins.