Looking for Mopar Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You can also get work done at a 3rd party mechanic as long as Mopar approves the repair/shop first (for the Mopar MaxCare).

socalstefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No as long as we are talking about the Mopar Maxcare extended warranty. It is good nationwide at any factory Ram service shop.

There can be all kinds of loopholes in the after market ext warranties though.
Thanks, I'll give him a call tomorrow.

LONGHORNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Before I start making calls (and making myself look foolish) I'm hoping someone can answer a quick question.

I have a 2018 Longhorn. I had the Ram Certified Pre-Owned warranty when I bought it with 35k miles (currently 95k). I foolishly misunderstood the warranty term so I believe I'm now out of that warranty.

Are any Mopar (aka MaxCare) warranties an option since I'm currently "uncovered"? Am I left with aftermarket warranty options? Thanks.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Yes, you can still get a Mopar MaxCare warranty.

There are two options for the MaxCare - new vehicle ESP and used vehicle ESP. You would obviously be in the used vehicle MaxCare category. I have not read the used vehicle policy but I can only assume that it covers the same stuff as the new vehicle one since they are both under the Mopar MaxCare umbrella.

There are fewer policy options (years, miles, deductible). I recommend taking a peek at Ziegler's site to see what is available along with ballpark prices so you have an idea before you make your calls.

When you put in your info the site will automatically take you the used vehicle ESP route since you are not replacing a warranty and your truck is not currently under a warranty.

Besides policy options and price, the other difference is that the used vehicle ESP starts the day you purchase it. It does not backdate like the new vehicle one.

Last edited:

LONGHORNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, you can still get a Mopar MaxCare warranty.

There are two options for the MaxCare - new vehicle ESP and used vehicle ESP. You would obviously be in the used vehicle MaxCare category. I have not seen used vehicle policy but I can only assume that it covers the same stuff as the new vehicle one since they are both under the Mopar MaxCare umbrella.

There are fewer policy options (years, miles, deductible). I recommend taking a peek at Ziegler's site to see what is available along with ballpark prices so you have an idea before you make your calls.

When you put in your info the site will automatically take you the used vehicle ESP route since you are not replacing a warranty and your truck is not currently under a warranty.

Besides policy options and price, the other difference is that the used vehicle ESP starts the day you purchase it. It does not backdate like the new vehicle one.
Do you have a link to the Ziegler site? I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Thanks.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Today I found out that Granger Motors offers lower prices then Ziegler on an 8/100K Max Care warranty, Granger was lower than Ziegler by $365.00 on my 2022 CTD... I also checked a few other places that also offer Mopar warranties and none of them could beat Granger prices: https://www.buymoparwarranty.com/