looking to upgrade my existing factory ra2 unit to an 8.1 Uas with apple car play.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flashburn66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello everyone. As stated above. I am looking to upgrade my existing factory ra2 unit to an 8.1 Uas with apple car play. From what I have been reading I need a new radio bezel surround which I found on eBay. And of coarse the new radio with an unlock code. From what I was reading with the new radio bezel I will need a new climate control module? And an adapter wire. Is this correct? If so anyone know where I can pick it up or what part numbers I need?

Other than that is there anything else I need to know before jumping into this project. My truck is pretty basic. Just the standard slt package with 7 speed fan No auto climate or anything fancy.

I tried reading through allot of the posts on this and it just gets more and more confusing.

Thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello everyone. As stated above. I am looking to upgrade my existing factory ra2 unit to an 8.1 Uas with apple car play. From what I have been reading I need a new radio bezel surround which I found on eBay. And of coarse the new radio with an unlock code. From what I was reading with the new radio bezel I will need a new climate control module? And an adapter wire. Is this correct? If so anyone know where I can pick it up or what part numbers I need?

Other than that is there anything else I need to know before jumping into this project. My truck is pretty basic. Just the standard slt package with 7 speed fan No auto climate or anything fancy.

I tried reading through allot of the posts on this and it just gets more and more confusing.

Thanks.
@Mpgrimm2 sells the conversion harnesses you need. He can confirm all the parts you need and get you squared away. There is someone in another thread that is looking to buy a RA2 if you're wanting to sell your old radio.