Looking to upgrade shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Would anyone have any idea if what I have listed are going to fit a power wagon. The website doesn't have much of a response for trim levels and these say good for a 2500 but I know the power wagon stands taller.

Bilstein B8 5160 Series Rear Shock for 0 to 1-Inch Lift​

Thanks for any help!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes the 5160 fits the Power wagon, just make sure you get hte correct part number. While the PW is taller, it's only around 1" so it's not much different. You can see the part numbers below

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Really appreciate the help! Thank you for taking the time out of your day.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also might check with Rock Auto after you find the shocks. Their pricing is not bad.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I am looking to do the same thing on my PW. CJC also sells them and can help you with sizing for the right part.

birchit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I took some 2.5" FOX Shocks on it with an external reservoir and an individual setting because of trailer use and roof rack with roof tent and the higher center of mass.

Works perfect!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Time for new front shocks for my pw too but I have heard that the fox shocks don’t like the cold. Can someone verify/ disprove this

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Time for new front shocks for my pw too but I have heard that the fox shocks don’t like the cold. Can someone verify/ disprove this
First I’ve heard of fox not liking cold weather. Can you explain what you mean or heard. I have the thuren fox 2.0 shocks on mine and haven’t experienced any issues so far here in Ohio cold weather. All tho this winter hasn’t been that cold we have had a few mid teen temps. No comparison to the cold weather temps I’m sure you experience so maybe it would be different for you.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I was replacing one of the stock bilstien front shocks a couple of years ago. When I was shopping around the parts guy said that they had problems with the fox’s. So I bought a direct replacement for the bilstien. But now they need replacement. So did I listen to one guy’s opinion maybe but it was at one of the best 4x4 shops locally. -40f and c is about the same we don’t see it that often but it is very hard on equipment. The cold probably stiffens the oil and that’s the problem with remote reservoir shocks. I am not sure and I don’t have any brand preference I just don’t want to spend money on something that is going to break

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was replacing one of the stock bilstien front shocks a couple of years ago. When I was shopping around the parts guy said that they had problems with the fox’s. So I bought a direct replacement for the bilstien. But now they need replacement. So did I listen to one guy’s opinion maybe but it was at one of the best 4x4 shops locally. -40f and c is about the same we don’t see it that often but it is very hard on equipment. The cold probably stiffens the oil and that’s the problem with remote reservoir shocks. I am not sure and I don’t have any brand preference I just don’t want to spend money on something that is going to break
Probably just about anything at those temps simply dosnt work as designed besides ICE. Shocks, power steering pumps, trannys, door handles whatever it may be…is what it is

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a pw but with the 3" thuren front coils on my 2500 I've had both bilstein shocks (for 2-3 inch lift) and the fox shocks. The bilsteins I had on it first and didn't notice that much of an improvement in ride quality going to the fox shocks. I also don't go off road unless you count jobsites. Haven't had any issues with the fox's the past 2 winters although I wouldn't count this one as an actual winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357