Lost my Lifetime Warranty!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The world is full of people who can’t do math

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Thanks for the tip! I went through a local credit union, but not mine. The dealer got them to beat mine by .5%. sitting at 2.3%.
oh ok damn man you were doing it correctly sorry this happened

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Just checked in to say I am disappointed to also be from Wisconsin.

Wonder if Polaris will honor my “lifetime warranty” on a 20 year old sled smh

View attachment 232466
is that today? i love snowmobiling we do it a lot in colorado. sucks for me she just sits waiting to go 87

BF3449C7-8174-46B4-A0B3-DC40C12CE642.jpeg

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
yeah we got 5” more in The Milwaukee area tonight, first time actually riding it down here :)
awesome i worked in toledo for a while my it was fun snowmobiling!!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. The Journey is in my name also. I have all the paperwork I signed. The only thing mentioning rebates is the itemized bill of sale. After talking to the dealership GM yesterday, my wife and I have the feeling the wrong warranty was canceled and since it was a Maxcare lifetime warranty, Chrysler is not going to budge on reinstating it. I mean, I paid $1800 for that warranty and it has paid out at least $9000 so far. He said he will try to have it reinstated but wasn't very optimistic. He even admitted he knew there was no way I would have agreed to the rebate if it was going to cancel a warranty. Now that someone higher up is involved I'm somewhat optimistic this will end on a positive note.
Hate to say it but it sounds like someone up the chain may have known exactly what they were doing. $9k paid out on $1800..... They just saved FCA some money, maybe at the dealers expense if at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Hate to say it but it sounds like someone up the chain may have known exactly what they were doing. $9k paid out on $1800..... They just saved FCA some money, maybe at the dealers expense if at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
uhh do you have a snowmobile otherwise you aren’t allowed to post

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had more than one sneaky thing happen to me at dealers. Only recourse is keep trying to get it resolved if not... Seems you already talked to the highest up person. Almost always the owner will revert to the GM.

And I say this seriously, do you have a "Channel XX News On Your Side"? It works sometimes. Especially if this has happened to more than 1 person. No large business wants that kind of negative viewing.

or

The only other thing is lawyer up.
Yeah, I was about to say get a lawyer involved. They obviously took the lifetime warranty off the wrong vehicle. Why would anyone continue to pay for a warranty for a vehicle they no longer own. And the rebate that cancelled the warranty, the dealer should have made sure which vehicle was being traded, at the very least. The dealer shouldn't have the ability to cancel a warranty randomly during a trade.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I was about to say get a lawyer involved. They obviously took the lifetime warranty off the wrong vehicle. Why would anyone continue to pay for a warranty for a vehicle they no longer own. And the rebate that cancelled the warranty, the dealer should have made sure which vehicle was being traded, at the very least. The dealer shouldn't have the ability to cancel a warranty randomly during a trade.

I have a feeling we're going to see more of this soon. It sounds like FCA is trying to get out of lifetime warranties however they can (some people have reported getting an email offering just about all their $$$ back).

Customer beware....I feel like car dealers are just about as bad as Congress - sneak completely unrelated stuff into the fine print so people who arent verse in legalese "miss" it and end up signing for stuff that was buried in loads of fine print.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks. The Journey is in my name also. I have all the paperwork I signed. The only thing mentioning rebates is the itemized bill of sale. After talking to the dealership GM yesterday, my wife and I have the feeling the wrong warranty was canceled and since it was a Maxcare lifetime warranty, Chrysler is not going to budge on reinstating it. I mean, I paid $1800 for that warranty and it has paid out at least $9000 so far. He said he will try to have it reinstated but wasn't very optimistic. He even admitted he knew there was no way I would have agreed to the rebate if it was going to cancel a warranty. Now that someone higher up is involved I'm somewhat optimistic this will end on a positive note.
Good luck on this, hoping the best for you!

OP
OP
packer96

packer96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/e-torque

I managed to get the corporate COO of the dealer group on the phone and explain my situation. He said he was going to look into it. Well, guess who called apologizing if we thought he wasn’t going to help us. Said he wants to help us without getting more people involved due to communication issues. His goal is get our warranty back and he’s so sorry. He’s going to call FCA but is not very optimistic about it. I guess we’ll see what happens Monday. Funny how he went from "I will try to see what can do" to "I will call FCA on Monday and work will them to get the warranty reinstated". This tells me someone screwed up, got chewed out, and was told to fix it. Hopefully I find out more about what's going on today.
This just sucks because me and my wife, along with our families have bought many vehicles from this dealership. Service was always outstanding. Then they were bought by a large auto group and brought in a different management team who knows absolutely zero about customer service. My wife has now made it official to the whole family we will never buy or have a vehicle serviced there ever again.

QuoteReply
ReportEditDelete

OP
OP
packer96

packer96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
Do you mind mentioning the dealership's name so other people won't get hosed?
I don't want to mention the dealer at this time. They are still trying to rectify the situation to our satisfaction. Depending on how that goes, I might later. If you live in northeastern WI, message me and I'll tell you.

jtlind1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had FCA and my old dealership screw me out of the Lifetime Drivetrain warranty on my 2008 RAM. There was a lot of shady dealing going on there. The dealership did not do the correct "Maintenance Check" when it was in for service ( I asked them repeatedly if it was) at the five year mark so it was voided, which I found out when it went in for service 8 days after the window closed. They would not reinstate it at the corporate level because the dealership would not admit fault. The dealership told me that they did tell them and around and around it went. Last deal I did at that dealership and I knew the owner. He was offended when I bought my next two dodges and last RAM from another dealership.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had FCA and my old dealership screw me out of the Lifetime Drivetrain warranty on my 2008 RAM. There was a lot of shady dealing going on there. The dealership did not do the correct "Maintenance Check" when it was in for service ( I asked them repeatedly if it was) at the five year mark so it was voided, which I found out when it went in for service 8 days after the window closed. They would not reinstate it at the corporate level because the dealership would not admit fault. The dealership told me that they did tell them and around and around it went. Last deal I did at that dealership and I knew the owner. He was offended when I bought my next two dodges and last RAM from another dealership.

Had you ever used the warranty?

I kinda sorta wonder if "problem vehicles" "accidentally" end up with these warranties voided.

jeroldharter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
So they gave you $3000 cash rebate to void the warranty on a $6500 vehicle? You should thank them. What am I missing here? Are you proposing to pay the dealership $3000 to reinstate the warranty?

OP
OP
packer96

packer96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
There is a class action lawsuit going on right now for this. Just google "Chrysler lifetime warranty lawsuit". Last I read, in October a judge ruled against FCA's appeal to have the lawsuit thrown out. So it is currently moving forward.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they gave you $3000 cash rebate to void the warranty on a $6500 vehicle? You should thank them. What am I missing here? Are you proposing to pay the dealership $3000 to reinstate the warranty?

No, they gave him a rebate without explaining to him that the rebate (supposedly) voids a warranty on a completely different vehicle than one involved in the deal.

WTF does a rebate have to do with invalidating a warranty? And on a completely different vehicle, at that?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My dealership also got bought by a corporate auto group and went downhill. Full of shady types now, even service has tanked.
FCA has no idea what they're doing.
At least Daimler was good at engineering.

Anybody own a Fiat before? 'nuff said.