Love this 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know some of you won't like this thread because it is positive, but here goes. We have had this truck for two years and we are still in love with it. Have had Fords starting in 1992 and have pulled hundreds of thousands of miles with them, but nothing compares to this RAM. Comfortable, quiet and smooth. The four-corner air is fantastic. It makes connecting the trailer a dream and the way it levels itself is amazing. If we were forced for some reason to replace the truck, we would get another one just like this one.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good to hear something positive for a change!
I'm still in love with my 2014. Even tho it had lifter failure... wouldn't trade it for anything else. Attractive, easy to work on and a blast to drive. Pulls, hauls, races, sluices thru the mud and daily drives. The perfect vehicle! Hope you get many thousands of miles of fun with yours.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 2500 I bought new in late 2019. Absolutely awesome vehicle. Had to replace a abs module and now a glitchy sensor on the 4wd unit that I will replace, but trucks are mechanical things and I don't let things bother me. It is the nature of this forum to read a out problems as we all need help now and then. But always good to read some positive things. Thanks for sharing!

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
There is something about this truck that grows on you. I've never done more research on any other vehicle, and this forum is evidence that Ram owners have a special place in their hearts for these trucks. They have personalities as it were, individual quirks that somehow make them more endearing, and I love that about them. Some days are frustrating, but most days I love it. Kind of like a spouse. :Big Laugh:

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm very happy with my RAMs. 2013 was the first year I got into a RAM, it was a difficult decision since I was a past Ford and GM employee. But the insult of both Ford and GM vehicles left me looking for something else.

Enter a 2013 Laramie 1500 from dealer yard stock. Had a few software updates along the way but it was a solid vehicle. When it came time to replace my tow vehicle, a 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins was the choice, it turns 8 years old next week. Outside of a few recalls and the rear air suspension pump failing, it has been trouble-free.

When I decided to replace my 2013 RAM, I stayed in the RAM family with a 2022 1500. I've had the 2022 for a year and a half and zero issues.

My experience with RAM vehicles is a success, something I never had with Ford and GM vehicles I owned.

GrumpyOleMan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with virtually all the above. As a lifelong Ford man, when I needed a new truck a few years ago, I went to our local dealer which is a two-fer ... Ford/CDJR dealer. I ended up in a '19 Ram Classic Quad Cap with the V6. I absolutely loved that truck. Did everything I asked of it and wanted more. Now that our life goals have shifted a bit, I needed to tow more often and a bit heavier. My current DT 1500 Limited has the 5.7 (non etorque) and other than a leak from the brake light which the dealer fixed it has performed flawlessly. And as much as I was impressed with the Classic Express, the Limited blows me away. I love my truck.

Nice to see the positive comments since these forums seem to be disproportionately loaded with negative issues.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
This is a counterfeit thread made by a company planted imposter/owner. There's just no way that out of hundreds of thousands of these trucks produced there could possibly be one happy owner willing to tell his story while several other owners back it up. Don't you have any idea??? Just ONE OWNER has an issue with a sticky seatbelt, EVERY OWNER on this green earth has the same problem and the brand is doomed? Clueless....every one of you happy people. :jnono:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
We really love to see this. Thank you for sharing your love for Ram. If you ever have any questions or need any assistance, please reach out to us! We're available via direct messaging!

Callie
Ram Cares

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I look forward to getting into my 2022 Laramie every day. I actually look for reasons to drive somewhere. I only have 4000 miles on it, but it is so nice to drive it makes the payments more palatable! I’ll like it even more after I pay it off.

I loved my 2011 ST as well. I was sad to trade it in….but I got over it.

Thomas Haslam

Reaction score
Ram Year
17 crew cab
Engine
I had a 2003 Ram with a v6 put 300000 miles on it the only reason I got rid of it was someone t-boned me on a trip to Nebraska. Got home and bought a 2017 Ram crew cab 1500 bighorn git 135000 on it now and absolutely love it

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Laramie Hemi 4x4 3.92 totally stock except for adjustable rear shocks and Cap. Tows perfectly a 31.5 foot trailer. Hitch weight 850. Trailer gross loaded for camping 7800 lbs. Yes, I love this truck.

IMG_20200615_140455.jpg

StNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V
Hey, I bought a 94 Ram last year with the Cummins/5-speed/4x4 and totally love it. It does all that I want it to do. Just because fewer people talk good about their vehicle than those that are negative is only human nature. It seems to be more common to complain than to be positive. That's why looking at buyer ratings sites need to be read with two grains of salt.

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really really love my truck -- a 2017 Rebel Black Edition.

It hauls everything I need, and goes everywhere I want. The size is just right, not too big yet not too small. The 5.7L HEMI sounds great (it has a Mopar Cat-back exhaust,) and the air-suspension rides like a sedan.

image.jpeg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I drove my first Truck in 1971, it was a 1956 Chevy 1/2 ton, i sold it in 2010.

In 2003 i bought 1999 Chevy 1/2 ton to make long distance trips, i sold it in 2009, transmission kept slipping.

In 2008 i started looking for a New truck
I went to a Chevy dealer & the salesman, either did not know about Chevy Trucks & he did not want to talk to a guy with shoulder length hair, a big beard & torn blue jeans . I caught him in a couple of lies about Chevy Brakes, so i left.

That same day, I went to a Toyota Dealership & walked around the sales lot, 3 or 4 salesman watched me, the day had warmed up & still wore my Military Surplus Camou Jacket, not one of the salesmen walked toward me, until i began walking to the sidewalk where my truck was parked.
Then one of them yelled towards me & i drove off.

Then i drove to the local Dodge dealership in January 2009.
All the 1500s were on the sales lot in front of the Showroom, there was nothing that drew my attention, i walked to the rear of the Showroom & all the trucks were different, i did not know that they were Heavy Duty models.
There was this one beautiful 1500, it was almost sitting on the ground, 2 tone paint, fancy rims. I did not know that it was a custom ordered 1500.
While i was back there in that area, i saw this one Orange Truck in the back corner, it was dusty, it had a flat tire & asked about it, one of the salesmen grabbed some keys & showed me the engine, i was looking at a HEMI, but i did not know that, he went to Start it but the battery was DEAD.

Looking at the Orange truck that was dusty, had a flat tire & a dead battery, i decided to take it home, all i needed was a Low Price.
I never thought that i would buy a Dodge Ram 1/2 ton in a million years,
Dodges are just plain ugly in my mind, almost as bad as an International

shopping

I am driving my 2nd Dodge now

Last edited:

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had an 07 Mega Cab 1500, 18 Sport 1500 Night Edition and now a 22 Rebel. Love them all. Absolutely loved the MC until my daughter wrote it off (it kept her safe so very happy for that). The Sport and now the Rebel make me smile every time I drive.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is something about this truck that grows on you. I've never done more research on any other vehicle, and this forum is evidence that Ram owners have a special place in their hearts for these trucks. They have personalities as it were, individual quirks that somehow make them more endearing, and I love that about them. Some days are frustrating, but most days I love it. Kind of like a spouse. :Big Laugh:

Your spouse has a tick too, eh?

VernB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 eTORQUE
I know some of you won't like this thread because it is positive, but here goes. We have had this truck for two years and we are still in love with it. Have had Fords starting in 1992 and have pulled hundreds of thousands of miles with them, but nothing compares to this RAM. Comfortable, quiet and smooth. The four-corner air is fantastic. It makes connecting the trailer a dream and the way it levels itself is amazing. If we were forced for some reason to replace the truck, we would get another one just like this one.
HOOAH, I'm glad to see positive posts!