Making Exhaust Louder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trikemasterr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hey guys, I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 5.2L and I currently got 2 flowmaster super 40 mufflers. I want it a tad bit louder and with more rumble. I do still have my cat and stock headers. Is there anything that can make it louder and standoffish? Also any good brand for headers? they're rusted.. lol

Thanks.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The only thing louder than a super 40 are straight through glasspacks like thrush or cherry bomb. Or just go straight pipe. Sorry neighbors

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey guys, I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 5.2L and I currently got 2 flowmaster super 40 mufflers. I want it a tad bit louder and with more rumble. I do still have my cat and stock headers. Is there anything that can make it louder and standoffish? Also any good brand for headers? they're rusted.. lol

Thanks.
The PaceSetter long tube headers are a nice fit for the 1997 model and they aren't so expensive they break the bank.

If you really want to make it louder and have a solid performance gain you will have to ditch the stock y-pipe. The factory y-pipe has a huge restriction where the two pipes come together. I would go long tube headers with a full 2½" exhaust and a pair of Spintech 9000 series mufflers or a pair of Flowmaster Super 10's. They will be loud but still sound great.