Manual trans with hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I have a 03 2500 manual pcm with a B&G companion flash. This raises the rpm limiter to 7000. Speed limiter to 140mph and idle to 750rpm. You can run it as is or flash your vin into it. PM me a offer..

fowlsunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My '06 2500 Hemi 5.7 4x4 is a manual and the clutch is easier to drive smooth than my Porsche. I have always liked driving a stick but always try to miss heavy stop and go traffic that is the norm in Houston. Acceleration sucks as does the gas mileage when pressing too hard on the vertical pedal on the right. I am not sure if it's the transmission gearing or what but acceleration is not a strong point in this truck. I have thought of getting an engine programmer but don't know if it will make much of a change. I just had my PCM go out at 43K miles and am somewhat leary about messing with the computer.
I have an '07 2500 4x4 with the G56and can confirm it is not fast but the torque is great. I would say if the OP wants something with quick shifts and flickability do not get the G56. Again while I love the transmission it is a dump truck transmission.

As for speed I thought about doing a supercharger but I do not know of any made for that specific hemi as it does not have the cylinder deactivation like the other 5.7's in the 1500 line-up

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I have an '07 2500 4x4 with the G56and can confirm it is not fast but the torque is great. I would say if the OP wants something with quick shifts and flickability do not get the G56. Again while I love the transmission it is a dump truck transmission.

As for speed I thought about doing a supercharger but I do not know of any made for that specific hemi as it does not have the cylinder deactivation like the other 5.7's in the 1500 line-up

The cylinder deactivation has very little to do with the motor and performance mods. Typically it’s turned off and eliminated on a performance build anyways, your engine is ahead of the game

I Bleed Ram Trucks

fowlsunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well you learn something everyday. That shows how little I know.

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
**** I've been off for a while haven't really done much more research into this, too much school, too much work at my new job and I just enlisted into the air force. The red rcsb I bought in the summer is 85% to my liking. Got a lot of little things I want to do to it but it runs and drives my next step is to 05 pcm swap it and do some big plans after that but before I do the pcm swap I'm getting it to 100% of my liking

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
**** I've been off for a while haven't really done much more research into this, too much school, too much work at my new job and I just enlisted into the air force. The red rcsb I bought in the summer is 85% to my liking. Got a lot of little things I want to do to it but it runs and drives my next step is to 05 pcm swap it and do some big plans after that but before I do the pcm swap I'm getting it to 100% of my liking
If you are looking for a manual trans 05 pcm there is both a pcm and a manual conversion for sale on HTC site..

05AKWK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the middle of putting an NV4500 on my 2005 5.7, and I' looking for a part number or even just a picture of the spacer plate that goes between the block and the bellhousing. Can anyone help me out? even just a measurement of the thickness needed would be fine so I can make one.

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
I'm in the middle of putting an NV4500 on my 2005 5.7, and I' looking for a part number or even just a picture of the spacer plate that goes between the block and the bellhousing. Can anyone help me out? even just a measurement of the thickness needed would be fine so I can make one.
I had found another post a while back that I had thought I saved in my bookmarks but I apparently didnt. They had made a custom spacer that they themselves cut for their manual, but they also used a t56 not a the nv. Try using the spacer that comes with the trans when it was attached to the 4.7 since the 45rfe and 545rfe fit both the 5.7 and 4.7